Chapter 15

I lean my head back against the wall where I'm sitting in the waiting room of the hospital. The pain in my head was still there from the impact and my body ached all over. When we arrived at the hospital earlier, they rushed Joe straight into the operating theatre and didn’t tell me anything about what was wrong with him.

I saw the state he was in while waiting in the car and it wasn’t good.

I hear the doors down the corridor burst open and look at who just came through them. My eyes widened at the sight of a furious Kim walking quickly towards me, followed closely by an older man and woman. I could only guess that they were Joe’s parents by the worried looks they both have on their faces.

“Feel good do you?” Kim says, standing over me so I can’t get up.

“I-”

“Does it feel good to know that you split a relationship up? Does it feel good knowing that he could die all because of you!?!” She screams in my face.

I look away, trying to blinked away the tears are the last part.

“Kim, back off from her.” The woman says, pulling her arm slightly.

“No! She slept with him and God knows what she's blackmailed him with to get him to say he’ll leave me for her!” Kim shouts.

“Kim, making a scene won’t help Joseph right now. Calm down and leave her alone,” the man advises.

I could sense that she still had her eyes on me before she turns round and walks towards the seats on the other side of the room. I sigh in relief and turn my head back to rest on the wall.

“I know it’s not our place to say but what the two of you are or were doing, was always going to end badly.” The woman says quietly to me.

“I know,” I reply in barley a whisper.

“We wouldn’t wish what happened today on anyone and for all we don’t know you, how are…?” She begins to ask.

“Sorry if I sound rude here, but how do you think I feel?”

“I-” She starts before a doctor approaches us.

“Eh, Joseph has sustained a broken leg, cuts, bruises and blow to the head.” The male doctor informs us.

“How is he though? Is he awake?” Kim asks instantly.

I look at her and see that she was looking rather desperate to go and see Joe.

“Not so much but I have to warn you that he may only remember some things-” The doctor tells us.

“Can we see him?” Kim says quickly.

“Of course, but only one at a time for now.” He agrees before turning round and walking away towards a room.

“I’m going to see him. I haven’t seen him in weeks!” Kim says, running towards the hospital room Joe's in that the doctor goes to.

I watch her go and wave of both anger and jealousy comes over me.

Kim’s POV

I walk into the single hospital room and the doctor leaves, closing the door over behind him. I walk over to the side of the bed and hold Joe’s hand in mine.

“Joe, you have no idea how much I’ve missed seeing you. I’ve missed waking up next to you, seeing you smile, cuddling up next to you on the…I guess I just miss you overall…”

I watch his face closely and see his eyes start to twitch slightly which makes me smile. I hear him groan a little and I sit on the bed.

“Joe, you can wake up. I’m here now…” I reassure him.

“Mmm…Chelsea….” He whispers hoarsely.

I sit up straight, drop his hand from mine and my eyes widened.

Normal POV

I watch the room door closely after the doctor comes out, leaving Kim in alone with Joe. But it doesn’t take long for her to come out the room with a shocking look on her face. I look at her as she glares at me.

“H-he wants you,” she stutters in shock to me. I look from her, to Joe’s parents, then back to her. “Why are you still sitting there? He clearly doesn’t want anyone else!”

I swallow hard before slowly standing up and walking towards the room. As I walk past Kim, she grabs my wrist and I stop walking before looking at her.

“Just because he’s woken up and asking for you, doesn’t mean that he actually wants to be with you,” she tells me.

I pull my arm away from her before walking into the room.

I look at Joe and walk towards the side of the bed. I look down at him and he reaches his hand out for mine.

“I’m sorry.” He whispers as I hold his hand.

“Joe-”

“Don’t…I should have known how it would have ended…I’m sorry I put you in danger…”

“Why don’t you tell Kim that? She seems to have it in her head that I did this to you which, I feel like I have.”

“Chelsea…you haven’t did anything to me other than make me realise that it’s you I want-”

“Joe, I’m hated all because you cheated on your girlfriend! I can’t handle that. I’m sorry.”

I let go of his hand and back away from the bed.

“Chelsea, please don’t do this…” Joe pleads.

“I’m so sorry,” I mutter as tears begin to form in my eyes.

I turn round and walk out the room.

“Chelsea!” I hear Joe shout as the door closes behind me.

I look down the corridor at Kim and saw that a smirk was playing on her lips.

“You can have him,” I tell her before turning and walking down the corridor in the opposite direction away from them.

I run quickly to the exit and lean against the wall as the tears begin to fall freely from my eyes. I just gave up the only man I truly love and all because people hate me for falling for him. I’m such an idiot!