Chapter 38 (Epilogue)

Epilogue – 15 years later

I stand in the master bedroom, fixing my long blue dress out so it sits perfectly on me. I take one last look at my reflection in the mirror before starting to make my way down the stairs.

As I reach the bottom of the stairs, I look at my twin daughters in the living room. They both look all grown up in their long dresses – Aimee in red and Katelyn in purple. I smile at them as they look at me. I turn away and start walking towards the office as I know Joe will be in there with our son, Thomas.

I approach the door and open it as they start a big argument.

“Dad, I’m not wearing it!” Thomas shouts at Joe.

“You are wearing it wither you like it or not!” Joe shouts back.

“What the hell are you two arguing about now?” I ask them.

“Dad wants me to wear that stupid tie!”

“Chelsea, please tell your son that he has to wear it as the photo won’t look right with everyone looking smart then there’s him!”

“Him? I have a name!”

“Thomas, put the tie on.”

“But mum…”

“Now!”

His green eyes widen before he grabs the tie out of Joe’s hand and storms out the room.

“Very nicely done,” Joe smirks as he walks closer to me.

“What can I say, I have a gift.”

“A very good gift.”

I smile before reaching up and kissing his lips lightly. I pull away and take his hand in mine. We walk out of the office and along to the stairs where everyone else stands.

“Joe, you and Chelsea will be at the back.” The photographer tells us as we approach.

Joe nods before we walk up a few steps and stop. We turn as Aimee and Katelyn come and stand in front of us.

“Thomas, you are…”

“Yeah, yeah. I know, in the front.” He moans as he walks up and stands in front of the girls.

“Okay, in the count of three. One…two…three!”

A flash goes off before us as we pose for our 15th anniversary photo – a photo that will capture all our good times for one last time.

The End

xx