Chapter 21

As he approaches me, he puts his arms round my waist and pulls my body to his. Within seconds, his lips ware on mine and I relax in his arms. This feels right. It feels like I'm gome to where I belong. I link my arms round his neck as he deepens the kiss to point where I completely forget that we are still on a very public beach. It will only take one person to look our way and know who we are.

We pull apart after what feels like hours and stay in each others arms.

“I know-” He starts, trying to control his breathing.

“Don’t ruin the moment by bringing up the past,” I tell him.

“Well…shall we go back to your room or mine?” He asks with a smirk playing on his lips.

“Which ever one’s closer,” I reply.

He smiles, pulling away from me and taking my hand in his before starting to run back to his hotel room.

 ----

As we reach his room door, he pulls me back into his arms and kisses me again. It's like we're teenagers sneaking around so we don't get caught out by our parents. We pull apart smiling and he opens the room door.

When we step into the room, Joe locks the door and throws his room key on the dressing table before turning his attention back to me.

I grab his t-shirt and pull him close as we move closer to the bed. My knees hit the bed and we fell on top of it. I look into his eyes before he move his head closer to mine and kisses me. His hands play about with the waistband of my shorts as I move my hands to rest under his top.

He stops kissing me before moving his lips to my neck. His left hand travels up the side of my body and rests on the other side of my neck.

“I love you.” I hear him murmur against my neck.

I smile. “I love you too.”

Within seconds, his lips move away from my neck and start to make their way all over my body, causing me to giggle. Memories of our previous times together, come flooding through my head and they have me giggling even more.

----

I lay awake resting on Joe’s chest as he plays with a strand of my hair.

“I wish we could’ve had this everyday since the day I met you,” he says quietly.

“Yeah but we haven’t and we still can’t,” I tell him, bringing us back down to earth with a crash.

“What? Why not?”

I sit up and look back at him lying on the bed. “You seem to forget that I still have a boyfriend.”

“You can’t stay with him after this!”

“I am.”

“Chelsea…”

“Joe, you can’t seriously think that I would just leave my boyfriend for you and that we’d have a happy life together with the twins!”

“Well, I’m sorry if all I want is to be a family!”

“It doesn’t work that way, Joseph!”

“Then how will it work? I know that I sure as hell can’t turn the feelings I have for you off!”

“And you think I can?”

“Then why are you going back to that prick you call a boyfriend? You clearly must not love me enough as you say you do.”

“Don’t. You know that I love you.”

“Then leave him.”

“It’s not as simple-”

“If it’s about the girls, he can’t do anything. I’m their dad.”

“Yeah but you haven’t been around them from the start – he has.”

“You think I care about him? All I care about is you and our daughters and keeping all three of you safe.”

“How can I trust you?”

“You’ve trusted me so far - lets make this work.”