Chapter 37

2 weeks later

Joe's POV

I sit outside Chelsea’s room in the hospital, waiting for the doctors and nurses to come her room. She still hasn’t woken up and I am starting to wonder if she ever will again.

“Mr. Hart?” I hear a doctor say. I turn and look at the male doctor. “Miss. Anderson is awake and asking for you.”

I stand up quickly and walk into the room. The nurse nods to me with a smile on her face before leaving the room. I look over at Chelsea and walk closer to her.

“Hi…” She says quietly as I approach.

“You have no idea how much you scared me,” I reply at I sit down on the bed, my eyes never leaving hers.

She smiles. “How are the girls?”

“They’re fine. My parents have got them.” I tell her. “They wanted to get to know their grandchildren.”

“And the baby?”

“The baby is fine but you will have to take it easy.”

“Thank God.”

“Chelsea…Ryan told me why he did what he did.”

“Oh.”

“And who he was working for.”

“Martin?”

“Yes.”

“I know.”

“How?”

“I had a feeling the two of them would be working together. They both hate me you know.”

“Not as much as they hate me for getting back with you.”

Normal POV

I watch Joe sigh before turning to look out the window.

“I could have lost you…” He whispers.

“But you didn’t."

“But I could have!” He snaps. “I could have lost you, our daughters and our unborn child! All I seem to do is bring pain and hurt to you.”

“Joe, I know where you’re going with this and I’m going to stop you right there. You haven’t lost any of us and you never will.”

“You don’t-”

“Marry me.”

“Chelsea…”

“I’m serious.”

“You gave me your ring back.”

“That’s because you needed the money, not because I called off the engagement. Marry me.”

“You made me think-”

“I know but I want to get married to you and soon!”

“Are you sure?”

“Joe, I almost died. I have seen what life would be like without you and I lived it with our daughters…I never want to do that again.”

“Okay.”

I smile at him. “I also don’t want to be fat when I walk down the aisle to you.”

He laughs before leaning over and kissing my lips. I smile as he pulls away. We will actually have a future together and as a family like it should have been.