Chapter 29

I lay awake the next morning, looking out the window as Joe’s arm lays across my waist. I look at him briefly before turning onto my side so my back is to him. I close my eyes and sigh. I feel Joe turn and move closer to me.

“You need to stop moving away from me,” he whispers softly.

“I’m just trying to get comfy.”

“So am I but I’m at my comfiest when you’re laying close to me.”

“You better get use to it because soon, you won’t be able to do so.”

“Won’t bother me, it just means that there will be more of you for me to love.”

“Joe, I can sense you smiling and I can hear you breathing into my hair. Please stop it.”

“Why? Does it bother you?”

“Yes, it bothers me!” I turn round and look at him.

“I knew it would make you turn to face me,” he smirks.

“You are so annoying!”

“You love me really.”

I smirk before trying to push him away from me. “Move!”

“Make me.” I push him again but he only moves a tiny bit. “You know, you trying to move me, gives me a good view.”

I stop trying to move him, turn back round, and get out the bed. I pick Joe’s shirt up that's on the arm of the couch and put it on.

“That’s not fair,” he complains.

“Nothing in life is fair. You should know that by now,” I mutter in response before walking into the bathroom.

Joe’s POV

I hear the bathroom door close over and lock before settling back against the pillows. I smile to myself before my phone begins to ring. I reach over to the side of the bed for it and look at the caller ID:

            'Unknown'

“Hello…?” I answer.

“Hello, Joseph.” A man says from the other end.

“Who’s this?”

“You know too well who this is.”

“I'm sorry, you’ve lost me.”

“And you’ve lost your daughters; seems like we both win.”

“Ryan.”

“Correct!”

“What have you done to my daughters?”

“Patience is a virtue, Joseph. You should know that more than anyone. After all, you did have to wait a while before you got Chelsea back.”

“Just tell me what you did to my daughters!” I snap.

“If you don’t calm down, you’ll never know.”

“Cut the wise crap and just tell me or-”

“Or what? You’ll come after me? I’m afraid that can’t be done, as you don’t know where I am.”

The bathroom door opens and Chelsea walks out.

“What do you want?” I asks calmly while looking out the window.

“How about £800k cash?”

“What?!?”

“You heard.”