Chapter 4

4 days later

Joe’s POV

“Going out tonight, Harty?” Adam asks me as I walk over to my car after today's training session.

“Do you even have to ask me that?” I smile, putting my bag in the boot. “Where we going?”

“The Circle Club at 7.".

“I’ll be there,” I confirm, getting into my car.

Tonight should be a good night. It’ll be the first time I’ve went out and had a drink since the holiday.

Normal POV

“Girls, I want you all in the studio on Monday by 10am,” Robert informs us, taking our suitcases out the boot of car. “I’ll have someone come and get you so they can take you to it so you're not getting lost.”

“Okay,” Laura yawns.

“Have a nice night now and I’ll see you on Monday,” he finishes before getting back in the car and driving away.

“Well lets get settled in and then we can go out and see what the night life is like here,” Laura smiles, going to open the front door of our rented house in Cheshire.

I shake my head and pick up my suitcases before walking into the house.

 ----

I sit on the floor in my new bedroom, sorting all my clothes out so all I had to do was put them away.

“Okay, what do you think?” Laura asks, standing by the opened bedroom door in a short dark blue dress.

“It’s nice,” I nod, barley looking at the dress.

“Just nice? I want to look sexy and hot! Not the dress then,” she huffs before walking away.

I shake my head and continue to sort my clothes out. I pick up a white strapless dress and look at it. All the memories from that night come flooding back to me. The fun, the need to have him by my side…his touch.

I sigh before standing up and taking a hanger out the wardrobe and put the dress on it. I put the dress at the furthest away side of wardrobe before starting to put the rest of my clothes in it.

----

It was now going onto half 6 and Laura was still nagging me to go out with her tonight, so I gave in. I slid my backless black dress on along with my black heeled pumps. I stand up, fix the dress out so it sat perfectly midway up my thighs and pick up my silver clutch bag before walking out the room.

I walk down the stairs, careful to hold onto the white wooden banister, and look at Laura as she stands patiently waiting by the front door in her red dress and black heels.

I walk over to her and open my arms out, showing off my dress. “There, I’m ready. Happy now?”

“You actually look better than me,” she comments as I open the front door and we walk out the house.

“That is a shocker. I actually look better than you and you admitted it!”

“Don’t get used to it. I don’t say it all the time.”

I laugh at her before getting into the waiting taxi.

“Where to?” The driver asks us.

“The Circle Club,” Laura smiles. I look at her with narrowed eyes. “What? I did some research on the best clubs in the area.”

“Sure you did,” I mock sarcastically, looking out the window as the car begins to move.

Tonight, I just want to have fun.

Joe’s POV

I fix my black shirt I'm wearing so it falls neatly over the top of my jeans before putting on my watch. I walk out the master bedroom and down the stairs.

“Kim, that’s me leaving now.” I shout as I put my wallet in my pocket.

“Do you know when you’ll be back?” Kim asks as she comes out from the living room and stands in front of me.

“I don’t know. When we all feel as if it’s time to go home,” I respond.

“Try and not miss me too much."

“I won’t,” I half smile, bending down and giving her a quick kiss before walking out the house.

I get in the back of the waiting taxi and make my way to the nightclub.

----

As I arrive at the nightclub, I look at the long line of people waiting outside to get in and also lots of photographers. I pay the driver and get out the taxi. I smile at the photographers before making my way into the club.

I swiftly walk across the packed dance floor and head straight over to the VIP area, taking a seat with the rest of the guys.

“For once, you’re the last one here.” James mentions, passing me a bottle of beer.

“Very funny,” I mock before taking a sip of it.

I sit back on the leather seat and look round the club and at everyone that's dancing.

“Bringing back memories for you, Harty?” Gareth asks me with a smirk on his face.

“What are you talking about?”

“Noth…uhoh-” The tone in his voice changes; going from sarcastic to worry in one quick motion.

“What? What is it?” I quiz.

“Nothing, it’s fine. I just thought I saw your girlfriend but it’s not her,” he answers quickly.

I shake my head while rolling my eyes and continue to drink my drink.

Normal POV

As we get into the club, we head straight to the bar to get some drinks.

“What can I get you?” The male bartender asks us.

“I’ll have a vodka and coke and…make hers a double vodka and coke,” Laura smiles. “You need something for the nerves.”

“I’m fine,” I lie, holding onto the edge of the bar for support.

“You’re shaking. Calm down,” she tries to comfort, her right arm pulling me to her side.

“Laura, I don’t want to be here. What am I suppose to say to him if I see him?”

“You say nothing. Let him be the first one to make the move,” she shrugs before taking a drink of her drink that was placed on the bar. “Come on, drink up.”

I take the glass that was placed in front of me and take a sip while Laura paid the bartender. I look at Laura and as she tells the bartender to keep the change and starts to look round the nightclub for any fit guys.

“So, what does lover boy look like?” She asks, practually shouting over the loud music.

I put my drink down and turn round. “He’s tall, got blonde hair, green eyes…”

“A hottie, got it.” She nods before a song comes on over the speakers. “Oh, I love this song! Come on.”

I follow her onto the dance floor as the song begins to pick up.

Joe’s POV

“I need another drink,” I sigh, standing up.

“Erm, we can get someone to bring our drinks over to us.” James stutters, looking up at me.

“Okay, what the hell is going on here? Ever since I’ve came in here, you lot have been acting weird. What’s going on?” I demand.

“Harty, sit down and we’ll tell you.” Gareth says. I sigh before sitting down. “Look over your shoulder to the dance floor.”

I look at him in confusion before turning round and looking to the dance floor.

“Okay, what am I…” I start before I see what they were talking about.