Chapter 36

Joe's POV

We walk along another corridor and I notice that there is a door at the end of it. Ryan typee in a code and the door opens. I look closely out the open door and sigh when I see that it leads outside. I look at Ryan and walk out. Fresh air at last!

“I…” Ryan starts before policemen surround us. I turn and looked at him. “You set me up!”

“I had to save and protect my family.” I tell him.

“I may be going to jail but you’ll never know where Martin is!”

“Martin was found ten minutes ago with one of Mr. Hart’s daughters. He was trying to break into his house.” A police officer explains to Ryan as he puts a set of handcuffs on him.

“Damn it!” Ryan shouts as he's dragged away by two police officers. “How long will I get?”

“We have enough on the both of you to put you both way for life.”

I laugh lightly and look down at Chelsea’s face.

“Mr. Hart, the paramedics can take Miss. Anderson now.” A female officer says as she stands next to me.

“Okay.” I nod as I pass Chelsea over to a male paramedic.

“Mr. Hart?”

“Yes?”

“We have two people here who really want to see you.”

I nod and follow the female officer round to the front of the house.

As we walk round, I see firemen trying their hardest to put the flames on the house out. I look briefly at the house before starting to walk through the field that was now cut down for the firemen to get their truck to the house.

We come to the opening and a male police officer opens the door of a police car that's no more than ten feet away from us. I look closely at the car and smile when I see him help two little girls out. My daughters. He closes the door and bends down next to them. I watch him say something to them before they turn to me.

My smile grows bigger and they start running to me. I bend down and open my arms as they run into them. “Thank god you are both okay!” I breath, kissing the side of each of their heads.

“Joe…” I hear Aimee say.

I pull back and look at her. “Yes?”

“Are you our daddy?” She asks shyly.

“Would you like me to be?”

“You saved our mummy.”

“And us!” Katelyn adds.

I laugh. “In that case, I will always be your daddy. No matter what.”

I watch them both smile before they put their arms round my neck and hug me as tight as they can. I smile and hugged them back. All I need now, is for Chelsea and the baby to be fine.