Chapter 27

Normal POV

I watch the bathroom door carefully and wait for Joe to come back out. Fifteen minutes pass before the door finally opens and Joe comes out in nothing but a towel wrapped round his waist.

“Enjoying the view?” He asks with a smirk on his face.

“Don’t I always?” I giggle.

“As do I when you come out of the shower in nothing but a towel.”

I shake my head before he gets a change of clothes out his bag. I watch him walk back towards the bathroom and he stops. “Aren’t you going to get changed?”

“Why? Where are we going?”

“Dinner.”

“Joe, it’s only…6pm!”

“Haha, better get yourself ready then.”

He walks back into the bathroom and closes the door over.

I turn to my bag, open it, and pull out my green and black Alexander McQueen mini dress, black Jimmy Choo heels and a black lace underwear set. I look at the bathroom door and decide to just get changed before Joe comes back out. I close the room curtains over and start to get changed.

----

I'm sitting on the bed, putting my shoes on, when Joe comes back out of the bathroom in a pair of black jeans and a plain white shirt.

“There I thought you wouldn’t be dressed yet,” he jokes while sitting down on the couch by the window.

“Well, I’m just waiting on you now.” I smile.

“I’ll be ready soon.”

I stand up and walk into the bathroom with my brush to fix my hair. I run the brush through my hair and let if all naturally around my face and down my back. I put the brush down on the counter next to my make-up bag and walk back into the room.

“All set?” I ask Joe.

“Yeah.”

He walks towards me with his jacket in one hand and my clutch bag in the other. I take my clutch bag off him and open the door. We walk out into the hallway and make our way towards the lifts.

“You look beautiful tonight,” Joe smiles as we wait on the lift.

“You don’t look too bad yourself,” I state.

The lift comes to our floor and doors open. We get in and the doors close back over. I look up at him briefly and take a deep breath. I have to tell him tonight, but how will he react to the news?

----

We arrive down at the lobby and head to one of the restaurants within the hotel. We we're shown to our table and order some drinks before beginning to look at the menus.

“See anything you fancy?” I ask while looking at the menu.

“I do and she’s sitting across from me,” he replies.

I look up at him and he smirks at me. “Cheesy much?”

“Not in the slightest.”

I shake my head before looking back at the menu.

“Are you ready to order?” A waiter asks us after a few minutes.

“Yes. I will have the soup for starters and the chicken for main,” Joe tells the waiter.

“Sounds nice, I’ll have the same.” I agree, closing the menu over.

“Coming right up.” The waiter smiles as he picks up both menus and walks away.

“Getting what I’m getting, are you okay?” Joe ponders.

“I’m fine.”

“Then why are you drinking water instead of the wine I ordered?”

“Joe, you know that I’ve not drank alcohol since the girls went missing.”

“True.”

“I want to keep a clear head so if anything happens, I can do something about it.”

“Okay, I get it!”

I stare at him for a little bit before looking around the room.

 ----

Starter and the main course was really nice. We talked about the past and how we could have been married by now if we had stayed together all the those years. How I could have went through the twins pregnancy with Joe by my side. How we wouldn’t be in this situation if he had been there from the start.

I pick up my glass and take a sip of the water as Joe watches me carefully.

“Okay, what?”

“You ready to go back up to the room?”

“Sure.”

We stand up and I place my hand in Joe’s. We walk out of the restaurant and over to the lifts. I briefly look outside and see that there's some paparazzi standing but take no notice of them. The lift doors open and we step inside.

I lean against the wall and look at Joe as the lift goes up. How can I be so lucky to end up with a guy like him?

The lift stops at our floor and we get out. We make our way along the corridor towards our room and Joe stops in front of me, letting go of my hand to open the door.

“Wait…” He says.

“What? Why?”

“Just close your eyes.”

“Joe, I don’t want to-”

“Please.”

I sigh. “Okay.”

I close my eyes and feel his hands cover them so I don’t peek.

“I’ll guide you into the room, don’t worry.” He tells me.

We start walking slowly into the room and stop when we get inside. I hear the room door close and Joe removes his hands from my eyes.

“Keep them closed the now.”

I sigh again and feel him move away from me. “Joe, if this is a game, it’s a shit one.”

I can hear him move about the room before it goes silent.

“Open your eyes,” he whispers.

I open my eyes and gasp.