Chapter 14

Normal POV

Why did I do that? I have no idea what came over me but I did it. I saw my sister do it when her boyfriend tried to beat her up and the fall had killed her. Why didn’t the fall kill me?

I lay in my bed unmoved, just wondering about my life. Would it be easier if I hadn’t met Joe? Would it be easier if I broke up with him? No because you can’t help who you fall for.

I watch Joe as he walks back into the bedroom and sits on the edge of the bed facing me.

“You sure know how to scare the living daylights out of me,” he chuckles.

“Sorry,” I reply quietly.

“Chelsea, why did you do it?”

“I don’t know…”

“Chelsea…”

“My sister did the exact same thing when her boyfriend tried to beat her up. She ran and her only way out was to jump out a window. She jumped and it killed her.”

“You know I would never hurt you.”

“I know.”

“I guess, giving your past, you had flashbacks and that was what was running through your mind but at the same time, I guess I’m lucky as I don’t know what I would have done if you didn't survive that fall.”

“I didn’t mean to do it on purpose.”

Tears begin to fall down my face and Joe moves to lay down next to me. He pulls the covers back and get iunder them before pulling me close to his body.

“As soon as I can get my car out and the roads are clear, I’ll go and see Kim and break up with her. I need you more than anything else right now.”

I nod slightly and relax in his arms. Maybe this could work.

2 WEEKS LATER

Joe still hadn’t been able to go home and the stories in the papers were just getting worse and worse by the day. Each day, someone new would sell their story on either me or Joe and it would end up front page news. We still couldn’t leave the house much but today would be the worst day of our lives by far.

I stand by the front door and watch Joe pay a man for clearing the driveway and road so we could get out and get supplies for the house. He waits till he's away before turning to me and nodding before I lock the front door and walk over to his car. We get in and he starts the car.

“I don’t know how bad this will be but we can do it,” he assures before starting to drive away.

“I know but you will go and see Kim today.”

“I will and you-”

“I’m not going with you!”

“Chelsea, where else will you go? I don’t want to leave you in the car and freeze to death or worse!”

“I don’t care! I’m not going into your house and have her attack me for taking you away from her.”

“So I have to deal with this all myself?” I look at him. “Bloody hell!”

“Deal with it. I’ll be getting more hate than you will.”

“Then you clearly haven’t seen my mentions on Twitter then have you?”

“You have Twitter?”

“Why are you so shocked? I live in the times that have social networks. You seem to live in the stone ages!”

“Is it that bad?”

“Let me think…’You’re a sick bitch’, ‘You should be ashamed’, ‘Why him?’, ‘No single guys you like?’…yeah, it’s all fine.”

“Okay, no need to get sarcastic with me.”

“I’m hated.”

“Don’t- maybe this was a bad idea.”

I look out the window and see loads of photographers waiting to get pictures. I look at Joe and see that he was trying to decide what to do. He quickly turns to the left and starts to speed down the road to try and get away from the photographers. I look at the speed dial and spot that he was now hitting over 70mph.

“Joe, slow down.”

“They’re following us.”

“Joe, slow down!”

“Do you want to get away from them?”

“JOE!!!”

“Shit!”

Then everything went black.