Chapter 12 & 13

Chapter 12 The oringal story..... 

"And the worst part is--before it gets any better, we're heading for a cliff, and in the free fall, I will realize I'm better off when I hit the bottom--"

"I'll take it." I paid the apathetic cashier for my new Paramore CD.

This is week three. Came fast, didn't it? Yes, sir, it is week three and it has been exactly five days since my last talk with John or any of my sisters. Oh, how time flies when you don't have anywhere else you need to be. 

In a way, I felt relieved. There was no on around to harp on me every couple of seconds or to watch me complain. There was no one really enforcing this.

And in another way, I felt kind of empty.

There was no John to hug every night before I felt asleep. Where has that hand that usually stroked my hair before my eyes shut and I drifted away? Where did that voice that sang me to sleep go? There's no John here. No John at all.

I shook my head of the thought. No need to linger on subjects that tangle my thoughts more than they ever needed to be. Urgh, why must things be so complicated?

"Excuse me," someone asked beside me. A pair of brown eyes met mine.

My jangle basically dangled freely until the nerves settled in their place so I could say something remotely audible.

"Hi." Yep, that was it.

There certain brown eyes were attached to a particularly handsome face. Just below those soft eyes were a pair of pink lips that were slanted a bit to form a charming smile.

"Nice choice," the handsome stranger pointed out.

You'd think that I would have come up with something cute and witty to say, but..no.

No, instead my jaw proceeded to yet again dangle like something with a broken hinge.

"Hi." I said once again. 

And you know that hair slip thing that guys do? Yea, he then did that with a laugh that made my palms sweat.

Before I knew it, this nonsense, goofy laugh slipped out of my mouth. I slapped my hands over my lips as soon as I realized how that must have sounded.

"Uh, I-I-I mean--w-what I was trying to say was--" I stuttered. "Hi." Wow, I am stupid..

He chuckled, "Hi, yourself." He ran his fingers through his hair.

"I--uhm," I started.

"Jonathan," he cut me off. "My name is Jonathan."

"Janie." I smiled. Finally, I said something coherent. 

Jonathan's blinding white smile gleamed at me. "I've seen you here a couple of times, but this was the first time I gathered up the courage to talk to you."

I laughed, "Why the sudden spurt of confidence?"

"Well," he reached for something in his back pocket. "I got this.. I was kind of taped to my car."

Jonathan slipped two Polaroids into my hands. One of of his, the other of me. Stalker material much? I flipped it over only to find a note from Eileen.

Give him a chance, it read.

Goodness, they're everywhere! Creepers..

"Freaks.." I hissed.

"Who?" Jonathan suddenly asked.

"Oh," I shook my head. "Nothing. My sisters, they--well, never mind." I laughed nervously.