chapter 8

chapter 8

Week one down.

Six weeks to go.

This really wasn't what I expected. It's only been a week and I already feel worn out. I'm tired. I'm really tired. I'm tired of this and I still have a long way to go.. 

"Ready?" Air asked me.

On top of all that, I have another date tonight. Yea, that's definitely what I need right now.

"No." I sank in my seat. 

"Come on, Mo. It's one date. If it's a dud, then come home." She said calmly.  

"Come on, I'll help you pick out an outfit."

I shook my head, "Do I have to?"

"Yes," Air sighed.  

"Please, sis? His name is Zero. He sings in Alen's band. You'll love him, I promise."

I rolled my eyes, letting myself stand up to make my way upstairs.  

"Don't make promises you can't keep. I'll be down in a sec." I ran to my room, tearing off my white tank top and slipping on an off-the-shoulder gray t-shirt. I studied myself in the mirror, taking in the rips in my black jeans and my blue Toms.

"Go get 'em." I whispered to myself. 

"Mo! Hurry up, Zerowill be here any minute." I heard Air call from downstairs.

Regardless of how I feel. Zero, or whatever his name is, doesn't deserve to stand under the same gray cloud that claims my name.

Put a smile on. I can do this.

I slipped my cell phone into my pocket and jogged downstairs only to find that the door was open.

"Mo," Air smiled as she stepped inside.  

"This is Zero"

I found myself almost blown away by the man that stepped through my front door.

"Hi," Zero smiled. His pearly whites gleamed at me. I looked at him from head to toe. Blond hair, and his right eyebrow pierced. He's cute to say the least.

"Hi," I returned a blushing glance. 

Airo rocked back an forth on her toes with an anxious grin playing on her lips. 

"I'll just leave you two alone." She whispered in my ear.  

"Have fun."

Oh, I think I most definitely will.

Z ( Zero) held out his hand, "So, how does a walk through the park sound? I have a surprise that I wanted to show you."

I smirked, "A surprise? Hm. I think I'd like that." I laughed and took his hand.

Walks in the park couldn't be more amazing at the moment. I mean, come on. It's fall. Autumn. The most beautiful season there is.

It's that smell of.. That smell of fresh nectarine and cinnamon. It's the crunch of the leaves beneath your feet. It's the way that the breeze teases your skin when you step outside. It's just beautiful.

"Tell me," Z said as he slipped his hands into the pockets of his skin tight jeans. "How did you get into this whole situation with your sisters?" 

I sighed, keeping an eye on the concrete that I stepped on. "It's a long, complicated story. You'd probably fall asleep." I smirked.

Zero chuckled, "Well, then, can you give me the condensed version of this long, complicated story?"

I bit my lip, "My sisters just want me to be happy, and they're trying to help me do it because I'm too lazy to do it myself."

"Doesn't sound that complicated."

"Yea, but you only heard the half of it." I started to walk backwards so I could see his face. I smiled and tilted my head a bit. "You're cute, you know that?"

He smiled once again. 

I found myself too caught up in the moment to turn around and notice where I was going. This absence of thought caused me to walk into a tree, my back being against it of course.

"Oh!" I bounced back off the tree and into his chest.

Zero caught me with a slight laugh on account of my clumsiness.

"Oh, my God, I am so sorry." I tried to reposition myself.

He just smiled and held me in his arms. "You know, I kind of like it when you're here as opposed to beside or in front of me."

I giggled, "I kind of like it, too."

"I'd kiss you right now, but," he brushed my hair back. "I don't want to risk anything."

I rolled my eyes, "What's life without a little risk? Here: 

" I kisses his cheek. "That's for catching me."

Zero snickered, "I can live with that."

I let my lips lay on his. His lips tasted sweet.

He pulled away, "And what was that one for?"

I shrugged, "Just because."