Chapter 1

How does it feel to be the one girl out of seven that doesn't have a guy drooling over her shoulder every five seconds? To be the middle child and to be surrounded by love-drunk couples that haven't gotten to their hangover yet? How does it feel? Comfortable? Normal? 

I get asked those questions every time I meet someone new.

Yes, it's true. My name is Moka. And out of my six siblings, seven including me, I'm the only one that hasn't sought out my love. I'm crazy right?

My sisters and I share an estate that our parents left us after they retired in Hawaii. And being the middle child, I had no authority. But I did take most of the responsibilities without being the mom of the family.

So, first?

The eldest and the mother of the group is   Rain. She always sits at the head of our dinner table. Twenty-Four years old can only give you so much leeway of information and experience until you can call your boyfriend a "Beautiful creature" to his face without him saying anything. Yes, she has a boyfriend. We're all waiting for him to pop the question. His name is  Devon. 

Sixth and sitting to the left of  Rain is  Aiero. Her boyfriend? His name's Alan. He's around constantly.

Fifth? That's  Noami. Rarely do you ever see her without Jack. Rarely do you see them at all. They're the couple that always goes out to parties and such. I'm the one that always has the Advil whenever she comes home at four in the morning with an entire body full of alcohol.

Third is Linda . Her and her boyfriend Jake? Let's just say it was kind of a surprise when we caught her smooching her best friend without realizing that he'd recently become the boyfriend.

Second is Jean. Her boyfriend Ikki is best friend with Linda's boyfriend. So the two couples go out on double dates constantly.

And the youngest is Kate .  Her boyfriend  is Mark. They have matching piercings, and he even lives here now. 

Me? I'm the middle child. Child number four.

I'm the homebody who cleans up the mess whenever someone gets drunk. Or I'm the one who gets the groceries if no one's home.

I don't have a problem with it. No, I'm not the one with the problem.

I'm completely fine with being the only chair at the dinner table that doesn't have a partner right beside it to laugh with. I'm fine with having to plug my ears and drown out any noises if anyone.. gets busy.

I'm fine with all of it.

No, the one who has the problem isn't me. It's them. 

"Moka, you promised!!" Rain  yelled at me, still with Devon's arms around her waist.

"I did not!"

"Yes, you did." Kate  pitched in.

"When?" I shrugged.

"You told all of us exactly 'Guys, don't worry I promise that I'll get a boyfriend by New Year's.'" Rain   sighed.

"Is that an exact quote?" I shrank in my seat.

"Yes, now you told us that like three New Year's eves ago. When are you going to pull up your end of the bargain?"

"Well, do I really have to?"

"Yes!" 

"But why?!"

"You're throwing us off!"  Aireo  suddenly said. "We made a pact, Mo."

" Air, we made that pact when it was just you, me, Rain , and Noami."

"Exactly. Even Linda got a boyfriend before you!"