Saturday, March 22nd

I woke up to the sound of chirping birds and sunlight. Saturday morning. I went to the bathroom and I changed in my clothes and freshened up. Then I remembered about Brandon. I checked downstairs if he was up. Nowhere to be seen. Then I heard my stomach growl like if there was some malfunctioning jet engine exploding in there. Hmm, how about pancakes for breakfast? Yeah, I thought to myself. Hey, I 'm not the best cook in the world but I can make some mean pancakes. I got out the flour, eggs, sugar, and milk. I added the vanilla extract and some chocolate chips. I got out my griddle and added the batter on it into almost perfect circles.

I was almost done with the batter until I heard a voice that startled me.

"Good morning." I turned around to see Brandon tying his shoe lace while giving me his white smile. I grinned.

"Good morning! You like pancakes?" I asked.

"Like them? I love them! Here, let me help you," he offered kindly.

"Thanks! You can help me get the plates and cups. They're in the top cupboard," I guided. He got everything and poured the orange juice in the cups. After the pancakes cooled, I put the pancakes on the dishes and I put the syrup in the middle of the table. We ate all the pancakes.

"Those were the best pancakes ever!" Brandon said as he helped me put away the dishes.

"Thanks! Anything to thank you for staying with me!" I gushed as he gave me a kiss on my forehead.

"No problem," he added.

"What do you want to do now?" I asked since there was absolutely nothing else to do in my boring house.

"Let me text Holland to see if he has any idea," Brandon got out his phone and after a minute, I heard his phone chime.

"He says if he wanted us to go on a double date to Giovanni's with him and... Marcy?" He looked at me with wide eyes.

"Are they dating?" I asked. My body filled with excitement.

"I'm not sure. We'll find out soon enough." An hour later, we got our stuff and rode our way to Giovanni's. It was packed as usual but we found both Holland and Marcy. Holding hands!!!

"Hey, guys! Are you both ok? You know, about what happened yesterday?" Holland asked with worry.

"We're fine. We're not sure what happened really," I said, upset that we didn't know what happened.

"Well, let's not think about that now. Who's up for Italian?" Marcy said as everyone rose their hands. But in the corner of my eye, I could see Holland staring at me. I smiled at him. He smiled back. I started to blush. He blushed back. This smiling seemed to go on forever. Then I saw this guy almost at the back of the restaurant, holding this huge camera, pointing it at me. What? As soon as he caught me staring at him, he walked off, exiting the building. Weird, I thought to myself. After lunch was over and both Holland and Marcy left, me and Brandon went back to my house and sat on the couch watching a rom com.

"Can you stay a couple of hours please?" I asked Brandon, not wanting to be alone after this.

"Sure, baby," he said as he put his arm around me. I felt protected, knowing that he would stick with me through anything. The chime of my phone broke the sweet silence. I took a look at my phone. A text from Chloe. It read:

Check out Channel 7 ASAP!! ~Chloe

I got the remote and I put channel 7. It was a commercial of our reality show!!!! Courtney was narrating the show. It was showing a clip of Holland and me at Giovanni's smiling and blushing. That guy really was spying on us!!

"Is Nikki cheating on Brandon over his cousin. Find out in the new reality show airing this Monday on the hit band Actually I'm Not Really Sure Yet!!" It ended. I dropped the remote. Brandon was sitting on the couch staring at the TV with his mouth open. I couldn't believe what LIES they put on national TV!!

"Umm, what was that about?" He looked at me with this perplexed look on his face.

"That was not true. I promise you I would never do that to you at all," I pleaded.

"It's ok, I believe you. But why would they put that up though?"

"I'm not sure, but I'm gonna find out," I said with courage.

I may not be the best detective in the world but I'm gonna get to the bottom of this!