Wednesday, March 5th

After school, Chloe, Zoey, Brandon, Marcus, Violet, and I met up at Theo's house to rehearse. We decided that every day after school, we would rehearse our original song, "Dorks Rule!" until the special day came. We rehearsed like maybe 5 times today. We were exhausted. Theo gave us all ice cold water bottles. So refreshing! Finally, we just hung out with everyone. We were just cracking jokes and laughing along. Finally, Marcus spoke.

"So, I see we have two lovebirds in the house, huh Brandon?" He and I blushed profusely while Chloe, Zoey and Violet giggled like hyenas.

"Well, I seen you and Chloe have been an item," Brandon smirked. Chloe and Marcus looked at each other, blushing.

"At least, I've heard that Theo and Zoey are something," Violet spoke. We all laughed while we knew Theo and Zoey's attempt to stay quiet had failed. We were having such a good time until it was almost sundown and we had to go. Brandon agreed to walk me home. We were just chatting, smiling, and blushing the entire time. I finally got home and went to my room. I had 33 text messages on my phone. How was that possible? I opened one and it said,

Did you know Nikki Maxwell only attends WCD on a bug extermination scholarship?

I fainted on the spot (not really.) MacKenzie had texted everyone at school about my deep, dark, secret. I felt this wave of embarrassment wash all over me. I got dozen of text messages from people at school calling me, "LOSER!!!" "DORK!!!" "FREAK!!" I started to tear up. I got two texts from Chloe and Zoey.

What is this extermination thing all about? Call us!

I had no choice but to call them and tell them about my deep, dark, secret.

:Hello?" they both said.

"Hey, guys," I said in shame.

"What is going on with these texts, Nikki," Zoey said.

"I really wanted to tell you at first but I never got the chance to. It's true. I do attend WCD on a scholarship. It' all true," a tear trickled down my cheek.

"Nikki, why didn't you tell us at the beginning? We wouldn't have cared about it. You are our BFF no matter what," Chloe said gently. I started to cry.

"I'm so sorry, you guys. I promise from this day on that I will always tell you everything."

"That doesn't bother me. But what does is that MacKenzie gossiped this to the ENTIRE school," Zoey fumed.

"We need to get her back," Chloe stated.

"I don't know you guys..."

"Come on, Nikki. She needs to pay for all this," Zoey exclaimed.

"Fine, whatever. What's your plan?"