Sunday, March 2nd

OMG!! I just got a text from Brandon. It says:

Hey!! Want to go out on a date with me tonight?

Squeeeeeee!!! (That was me freaking out!) Brandon asked me out on a real date! Not like Crazy Burger. (That's different.) I immediately texted him back:

Hey! Sure. Where will we go?

He answered:

It's a surprise! I'll come by at 7:00. See you later, Nikki. :D

Yes!!! I did my Snoopy Happy Dance all the way to my closet to pick out my outfit for this evening. Ughh!! I have absolutely no cute clothes to wear. Hmm, it's only eleven. I'll go ask my mom to drop me off at the mall. I was so NOT going on a date with Brandon in my linty not-from-the-mall hoodie.

My mom decided to drop me off at the mall for an hour. I decided to go to this stylish shop near the food court. I finally found the cutest outfit. An aqua lace top with white skinny jeans and super cute sparkly heels. I went to the fitting room and once I put it on, I looked like a super model. Squeee!! I was so ready for this date. I took a quick shower, put on my outfit, curled my hair, and put a layer of lip gloss on, (I know what you're thinking. At least I'm not like MacKenzie who practically bathes in lip gloss!)

I heard the doorbell ring. It must be Brandon. I suddenly got a case of ferocious butterflies gnawing on my stomach. I was so nervous. I quickly got my purse and rushed out of my room. I opened the door. My jaw fell to the floor. Brandon looked AWESOME in a cute blue buttoned-down shirt with jeans and his hair neatly combed. His gleaming eyes were staring at me and I knew he was thinking the same thing about me. We both smiled and blushed and continued to stare at each other. This smiling, blushing, and staring was going on for like ever!! He finally broke the ice.

"You look amazing, Nikki!" He grinned at me that beautiful crooked smile.

"Thanks!! You look AMAZING-ER," I immediately covered my mouth. I cannot believe I just said that. Nice going, Nikki. You acting like a total idiot. He smiled so huge that I almost fainted by embarrassment. 

"Thanks!! Shall we go?" He held out his arm.

"We may," I replied taking his hand. We walked until we stopped at this quaint-looking Italian restaurant. OMG!! I cannot believe that we were having that beloved Italian dinner like in my favorite movie, Lady and the Tramp. A man with a mustache came and led us to our table. It was a round table with checkered cloth and a vanilla-scented candelabra in the middle. It was soooo romantic. After the waiter took our order, we couldn't stop smiling and staring at each other. We were just giggling and looking around the restaurant. Finally, Brandon spoke.

"So, remember that talent show we did in the fall?"

"Yeah!! I'm so excited. Mr. Chase was going to call us on the 4th to confirm the date of the song recording, right?"

"Yeah, I'm pretty elated about spending time with Theo, Marcus, Chloe, Zoey, Violet, and especially you." I definitely blushed when he said that. The waiter came out with our food. He put the plate of spaghetti in the middle of our table and sauntered off into the unknown. I grinned from ear-to-ear.

"Come on, let's try to get the same noodle," Brandon said excitedly. We tried for approximately 10 tries but no luck until we both grabbed on to the end of one very long noodle. We kept getting closer and closer and closer until finally I felt his lips press on mine. I felt like there were 100 sparks shooting up into the air like stars rising up and simmering into the unknown darkness. We let go and giggled until we ate all the spaghetti. This was the best date ever.

We finally left and walked for my home.

"I really enjoyed this date so much, Nikki," Brandon looked at me with his crooked smile. I swooned (sort of).

"I did too. I'm so glad we went here," I replied. We walked back to my house, laughing and smiling.

"I'll see you tomorrow at school, ok? Good night," he said with a genuine smile on his face.

"Good night. See you tomorrow then," I spoke as he led to the door. He hesistated, staring at me, then he leaned in and gave me a quick kiss on the lips. I did my best not to squeal. I still cannot believe we actually went on this romantic date. I changed into my pajamas and watched recorded episodes of Tyra Banks' Show until I fell asleep.