Saturday, March 1st

OMG!!! Last night was probably the most dramatic day of my life. I was so exhausted by all the drama my arch nemesis, MacKenzie Hollister stirred up.  She intentionally sabotaged the night of the sweetheart dance by stealing my crush Brandon Roberts' phone, texted me cruel messages the entire month of February, almost preventing me from going to the dance with Brandon. Like, WHO does that? Anyway, you're probably wondering what happened at the Sweetheart dance yesterday. Well, let me start from where I was:

I was dancing with Brandon during the last song of the dance. We were blushing and laughing and staring at each other.  OMG!! I was so nervous.

As the song was about to end, he leaned to my ear and whispered to me.

 "Nikki, I-I've got to tell you something." He looked at me really nervously and fidgeted with his watch.

"Sure, Brandon. What is it?" I asked.

"I was so excited when you asked me to the Sweetheart dance. I was almost afraid that you wouldn't even ask me and that MacKenzie told you some lies about me going with her to the dance. I didn't want you to feel bad about what happened with the texts, so I spent all afternoon wrapping this." He took out from his pocket a red case with a little bow on it. He placed it in my hands. I just stood there smiling at him.

"Go ahead, open it," he said smiling. I removed the top of the red case and took out a beautiful gold necklace with a heart at the end. I couldn't believe that Brandon would give me such an expensive-looking necklace.

"Oh my gosh, Brandon. It's the most beautiful gift I've ever gotten."

"I was going to give you this on Valentine's day so you would be my valentine, but I couldn't. MacKenzie made sure of that. So I decided tonight was the perfect chance to tell you that I..." He paused hesitantly, then took a big breath.

"The perfect chance to tell you that I'm in love with you." He looked at me with his big light brown eyes and looked away, blushing profusely. I cannot believe my ears. The one true love of my life, Brandon Roberts, one of the most popular boys at school, told me that he was in love with me, Nikki Maxwell, the biggest dork in school. I grinned from ear-to-ear.

"Oh, Brandon, I-I was waiting for you to tell me that. I've had a huge crush on you and my feelings grew stronger for you and I was so nervous about what you would say and do because who would want to be caught being seen with the biggest dork in school?" I wilted my head a bit. Brandon just stared at me in disbelief.

"Nikki! I didn't know you thought it that way. I would rather be with you than MacKenzie. There's no way that I would ever be embarrassed with you. I like you just the way you are, and I hope you won't change." He smiled at me and then he leaned closer to me and he kissed me. I thought this was all some amazing dream that I would soon wake up from and face the shameful reality that is my life. This was the most romantic thing that has ever happened to me and I was not willing to give that up. We finally broke apart and Brandon held my hand and walked me outside.

"Oh and one other thing," Brandon exclaimed as he turned to face me. "You wanna... I-I mean, uh, will you g-go out with me?" OMG!! He wants to go out with me!!

"Of course!" I replied as happy as ever. We both smiled and blushed.

"Great!" He grinned as he looked down at the ground. I started to blush every time he looked at me. This staring, looking down, and blushing went on for like forever.

"Goodnight, Nikki. See you on Monday," he said sweetly.

"Goodnight to you too, Brandon," I replied. He disappeared into the dark night. Chloe and Zoey went rushing outside to join me. They looked like they really wanted to tell me something.

"OMG, Nikki!! We saw all of that!!!" Chloe was practically exploding with news. "That was soo romantic. So are you guys dating now? She looked at me with a crooked smile and excitedly jumping up and down. I blushed as red as a tomato.

"I think we are. But what I want to know is why you guys are so ecstatic?" I really wanted to know what happened with Marcus and Theo.

"Marcus asked me out!!!!!" Chloe shouted as she jumped up and down happily.

"Theo also asked me out!!" Zoey followed as she gave me a huge thumbs up.

"I'm so happy for you two," I exclaimed as we all pulled in for a group hug. We stood outside waiting for Chloe's mom to drive us home. When she dropped me off at my house, I immediately climbed to bed and dreamed about what happened tonight.

A/N As the days go on, I will write more and more chapters each day. Remember, the actual book by Rachel Renee Russell came out June 3rd and this is just how I wanted it to go. I wrote this before it came out. I do not own this title and the credit goes to the author.