Compelled

told you this update was going to be a lot quicker [but it had to be a little bit shorter so i'm sorry about that] haha i'm so proud of myself. sorry for all the cliffhangers, but what's a good book without em ? you'd get to all the good stuff right away, wouldn't ya?

school is definitely getting harder, but i'll survive i hope. it's just that each time i finish something, i get stacked with something else. i have a feeling this is going to be a very busy year.. meh.

ALMOST ONE MILLION READS. ONE. MILLION. LIKE WHAT EVEN. this wouldn't have happened without any of you guys, so thank you so much. that's so unreal to me, i never pictured this happening to me but i'll tell ya what. i've waited over a year for this to happen in general. the amount of recongnition Clarity has gotten in less than six months is wow..

also, i'm thinking about getting a new cover so if you want to try out your amazing skillz, then by all means try it out. i'd love it!

ok, i won't keep you any longer! enjoy :) x

*

*

*

*

"Don't bring Mason into the middle of this! He doesn't deserve to know!" Zayn said. The agitation in his voice was becoming evident. He was doing so well with keeping his temper in tact and I was afraid this was going to ruin it for him.

"Malik, you're just as bad!" Avalon finally spoke up. My eyes narrowed, drifting slowly from Zayn to her the moment I heard her voice laced with amusement. She couldn't wait to expose him.

And it made me wonder whether they wete doing this to protect and show Mason what the world really consisted of, or if they were just doing it to prove a point. Avalon wanted to make Zayn seem like the monster that's hidden beneath him that he's refused to let it outshine the Zayn that I've grown to know.. possibly love.

"Please! Stop acting like you know what's better for MY brother! All of you!" I yelled. My anger as well, had gotten the best of me. "I don't care if it wasn't YOUR choice to not be apart of our lives, but you don't know what's good OR bad for Mason. I DO! Stop using your anger and revenge towards each other to "make a point" in front of him. He deserves to know, yes. But not like this!"

"Nani, I'm not going anywhere with you until you tell me what's going on! They said you're keeping something from me." Mason stepped closer to Avalon, a smirk crawling on her face the closer he got.

They did it. They got him to be angry at me for keeping this from him. They got my own brother to turn against me because of a damn secret that I didn't know about either for 21 years. I could hear the sound of my own heart breaking, each time my baby brother glared at me. I felt done. I let him down, even though I always swore I'd never hurt him.

"I can show you, Mason. Would you like that?" Cassie asked.

No. No, please... don't.

Now my heart was in the pit of my stomach. My own best friend was against me too, and she wanted my brother to be the same. What went wrong here?

"Cass-"

"Don't say another word, Nani."

"Cassidy," Zayn interrupted. "She's your best friend. You've seen what she's gone through. Don't make her suffer again."

"You'll never understand, Zayn. And if you did, you would have stayed away from her. This is what I'm meant to do." Cassie kept her focus on Mason, practically admiring him, not giving a damn that Zayn was still there.

"Show me, Cass."

The sticks and dried grass made crunching noises on the ground below and from my peripherals, Zayn was moving closer to me. His arm snaked around my waist gently, instantly calming me a bit. When I looked up, it looked like all hell was about to break loose from just his simple gesture. This was definitely distracting Cassie.