Unthinkable

READ THIS! THIS IS IMPORTANT FOR ALL MY READERS!

I wanna start doing something, rather than you promoting your stories onto my wall or my comments, how about YOU suggest your book to me, I check out some of it, & I'll promote it in the next chappie? Sound good? :D

Anyway, stay cooool. I love you all soooo much. I can't believe the amazing reception this story has received. I'm glad y'all love it, because I enjoy writing it!!

Leave your comments! I wanna see what y'all have to say! :)

“Would you please remove your sunglasses? You’re embarrassing yourself,” Cassie said through gritted teeth. We walked among the booths at the fall harvest festival, the sun already close to being set for the night, yet I still had my sunglasses on. “They’re going to think you’re one of the swag kids who enjoys keeping their sunglasses on at all times.”

“Well maybe if someone knew how to throw a damn ball, we wouldn’t have this issue,” I snapped back at her, not caring who could possibly be listening into our conversation. “I still can’t believe you hit me and you swear it’s my fault.”

“Nani, it was your fault. Nobody told you to stand there like an idiot.”

Earlier in the day, my brother was outside with his friend Ethan, practicing their pitching and catching. Cassie & I used to play softball in high school, so we decided to join them for the fun of it. Apparently, Cassie lost her touch and forgot how to throw. The ball clearly was nowhere in range for me to catch it, but instead, it hit me straight it in my left eye. I have a feeling if I hadn’t been wearing my sunglasses, I’d be at the hospital right now, waiting to get stitches.

“Not my fault you forgot how to throw,” I muttered, unsure if she heard me or not.

“It’s already dark out, no one is gonna see it. It’s not as bad as it was earlier. C’mon I promise. You should know I wouldn’t let you walk around looking like that anyway.”

“Oh, I’m sure.”

Since fall had kicked in, Windsor Valley had its annual fall festival. Every year, the whole population would get together in the middle of town & enjoy the festivities everyone had to offer. None of them ever failed because the community as a whole was strong. The same companies and people would always participate to set up booths and games, but it was always different to keep us interested.

I scuffed my feet across the cobblestone sidewalks looking at the different booths. Eating had been checked off of our list, considering we’d eaten plenty since we’ve been here. I followed Cassie to a tossing game that had caught her attention.

“If you can’t throw a ball, what makes you think you’re gonna be able to toss that thing?” I asked sarcastically.

Immediately, she turned around, shooting me an evil glare. Mr. Barnes, who was running the booth laughed at my comment. “Shut up.”

“Whatever,” I rolled my eyes playfully. “I’m gonna go check to see what’s more up. Call me if you can’t find me.” Once she nodded in response, I was gone.

Another thing I liked about our festivals being town-ran was that we didn’t have creeps from travelling carnivals trying to lure us into the gaming stations. It wasn’t like they would kidnap us in plain sight, but some of them were very obvious in their flirting, and it was uncomfortable. We never had travelling carnivals because the town was more than willing to throw our own. The city council always made sure of it.