Control

*Bit of a long chappie, fair warning*

*

*

*

I sat in the middle of the bed in complete silence. My mind running wild with the same thoughts.

He's dead.

You killed him.

You're a monster.

Zayn held me in his arms all night, comforting me as endless tears ran down my face. He wasn't kidding when he said that emotions are heightened as a vampire, because the emotional pain I'm feeling now is unexplainable. I killed an innocent.

'But you liked it,' whispered my conscience.

And that's what scares me the most. There was a point when I enjoyed draining him of his life. The way the power surged through me like electricity. Even now I felt my body humming with indescribable strength. Of course when I woke up I didn't expect everything to look as defined as it did. Everything looked... exquisitely detailed.

The first thing I noticed were the ray's of light streaming through the windows. Any other human would've seen a normal stream of light, but what I was seeing? Colors that I didn't even know existed.

It wasn't just yellow.. It was a golden yellow cobalt with a hint of amber. With little mikado flecks embedded into the different sliver of sun rays.

But here I find myself on this bed, sitting motionless like a statue, staring at the same ray of light with that undeniable hunger burning at the back of my throat. I guess that's why I'm so still. If I move, I might snap and hurt someone again, just how I hurt Zayn last night.

Eventually i mustered the courage to stand and walk towards the mirror. Zayn said that your physical features would get enhanced, and I can't deny that the curiosity was eating me alive.

When I finally stood in front of the full length mirror, my breath caught in my throat.

My thick chestnut brown hair cascaded down to my lower back in slightly lighter silky locks. My once plain Jane brown eyes were now a bright almond hazel with little gold flecks piercing through them. My cheekbones were very much more prominent and my jawline was as sharp as a knife.

I am the embodiment of a predator.

Its amazing how this all happens over night.

Suddenly, the sound of a door softly closing and locking echoed through my ears. But it wasn't the door from the room I was in? Confusion washed over me that is until I remembered that I now have enhanced hearing and I must have heard someone open the front door and lock it in the process.

"Is she awake?" said a deep masculine voice which I assume was Zayn.

"I don't know. I haven't checked up on her. I was waiting for you to get back since I figured you wanted to be the first one to see her." Henley's voice came out low, but I still managed to hear it as if she was in the same room as me.

"And the boy?" My skipped a beat at the mention of Alex.

"He's taken care of."

As if on cue the door to the room slowly opened, and I was stuck standing smack in the middle of it like a deer caught in headlights.

Zayn walked in slowly closing the door behind him, his eyes bulging out of their sockets. Now that I'm a vampire i can see him. Like really SEE him in all his glory. Not that he didn't look glorious before. But with my now detailed vision everything about him is just ... breathtakingly godly. His raven hair was slightly longer and his toned lean figure was complimented with a black long sleeve that wrapped around his torso perfectly and was rolled up at the elbows revealing the tattoos inked on his skin. We stood there without a single word being uttered, just taking in the other. His eyes shamelessly raked my body from head to toe as he slowly walked towards me.