Attempt

I know I tell you guys this all the time, but you really are cool. You make me happy! Don't forget to vote. This is unedited. I'm actually already running late, so... I'll let you read now!! :) x

I tried to suppress the many laughs that were dying to come out.

Am I just seeing things or is Zayn really in that class room teaching an art class?

Nope, he’s really in there.

I just kinda stood there, bewildered. Maybe he wasn’t so heartless after all. It was probably wrong to make fun of him for doing this, because in reality, I had to admit this was probably one of the cutest things I’d ever witnessed.

The little auburn haired girl clapped her hands together excitedly as Zayn stood behind her. I assumed she was explaining to him what she had drawn. I wasn’t very good at reading lips, so instead, I watched intently. There was a look on his face that I’d never seen before –a look of genuine happiness. There was a glimmer in his eye as she spoke. His smile was wide & true. If I hadn’t already known him, I’d label him as someone passionate & caring. But unfortunately, he showed me a way different side.

I didn’t realize I was gawking until I felt his gaze on me through the glass windows. Standing there awkwardly, I faintly smiled, giving him a small wave. Oh goodness, he’s going to give me so much crap about this.

Well, he has no room to talk actually.

This time, I was able to read his lips as he said “be right back and please behave” to the class. Some of them nodded & the rest continued to do their work. Their eyes drifted out toward me, and when Zayn opened the door, I could hear the coos & ‘oohs’ as he stepped out.

“Nani, w-what are you doing here?”

I chuckled, throwing a hand over my mouth, hoping that would keep me from laughing any louder. “Question is – what are you doing here?”

His lips formed into a straight line. He didn’t find this as funny as I did, meaning it was time to stop. “I don’t have time for games. Did Henley tell you I worked here?”

“No… I was just out for a run & the fountain in the lobby of the community center wasn’t working so the girl at the info desk told me to come down this hall… and I saw you. Never in a million years Malik did I think you would be working here. It’s hard to believe you actually have a heart.”

“Well, I enjoy doing this. I got to get back to my class; have a good day, Nani.”

“Wait.”

What the?

“Yeah?”

The moment I had been waiting for where Zayn doesn’t give me a hard time was actually happening, yet I stopped it when I made him stay. “Do you enjoy doing this? Why do you do it?”