Tracks

*Very important Authors note at the end*

*Bit of a long chapter warning*

Tracking was a total waste since we couldn't find shit. We had looked and looked and we cached a few scents but they all led to dead ends.

"What about Celia? Can't she help us?"
Amy asked as we all flopped on the couches in exhaustion.

"No." Zayn said rubbing his temples. "She needs something that physically belongs to Cinna, and right now, we have nothing."

"I don't know what we're going to do."
I said entwining my fingers in my lap.

"It's almost as if she's playing us." Henley added.

We sat there in silence, concentration evident in the air.

"I've got nothing." I slumped my shoulders and leaned my head on Zayn's.

He sat there, eyes staring into the distance in deep concentration. Zayn's brows furrowed and then shot up as if in realization.

"What is it babe?"

"I got it." He said standing up and facing the three of us.

"We lead her to us."

"What do you mean lead her?" Henley asked.

"We catch her like a mouse in a trap."

"So you mean like make her come to us, instead of us going to her?"

"Exactly." he said, a smirk rising up his lips which gave me the sudden craving to kiss it away.

"But how do we do that?" I asked tilting my head to the side.

"We reel her in. But we need leverage. We need some form of leverage that will make her want to come to us. This is all about me killing her lover, so if that's the case we bring him back."

"From the dead?"

"No, some form of mental hallucination. We'll get Celia to work something on her and we'll make her come to us. We convince her that we brought him back, when in reality it's all in her head; it's not real. And then-"

"We kill her." I finished.

*

*

The plan was slowly starting to set in motion, so we decided to take the rest of the weekend off. All in all, Cinna was a threat. To me, Mason, my dad and even Zayn, Henley and Amy. We had no idea what she wanted or why she was here.

We all established she's trying to make some sort of monster out of me but all because of some fifty-something year old vendetta against Zayn?

Deciding to go out on a run, I slipped on my leggings, tank top and running shoes. I plugged my earphones in my ears and ran to the beat of the music. The irony because what's the point of running when you're a vampire, but nevertheless it still helps relieve my stress and clear my mind.

I made a stop by the community center and sneaked a few pictures of Zayn with the little kids. I didn't interrupt the lesson though, I simply spied from the tiny window on the door.

Having the sudden urge to experiment with my vampire abilities further, I ran at full speed; making it to places in a matter of seconds. Time flew; so when I say that it was night time and that I lost track of time, I'm not kidding. I stopped at the top of a hill overlooking the whole city, the lights looking like stars scattering themselves in different directions. I wiped the sweat off my forehead and sat down, my legs dangling off the edge of the cliff.