Denial

I'm baaaaack. Sorry for the wait, I couldn't believe how much I'd left y'all hanging, so I'm definitely sorry about that.

Please please please don't forget to vote! It's more important thank you think it is. If you love this story just as much as I do, you'd help me rank it :D <3

Almost 100k, I'm c r y i n g . How did this happen?

Enjoy xo

“Nani, please listen to me-”

“Cut the fucking crap, and just tell me!” I yelled at the top of my lungs.

Avalon sighed deeply, closing her eyes as she prepared to tell me something I might not want to hear. “I-I’m a witch.”

“A what?” I whispered.

“Witches, I’m a witch. Your grandparents are witches, your mom and I –we’re witches, too.”

I tugged at my hair in frustration, trying to take it all in. Witches? To me, that only existed in stuff like fairytales, The Wizard of Oz, and other ridiculous movies. A witch? I belong to a family… of witches. Thought after thought ran through my head. How was this even possible? The world I lived in, was not the world I thought it was. It had its secrets, its darkness, aside from the real world problems. Supernatural existed.

“W-wait, am… is M-Mason… am I, are we witches… too?” I stammered, trying to find the right words.

“Well… technically, you are. But you don’t have any powers.”

“What do you mean?”

“My mom said when you both were little, your mom did a spell on you two, taking away your ability to have the powers we have. She wanted what was best for you and she didn’t want you to be revealed to this world. She didn’t want you guys to live the life she did. I kept my powers by choice. After the spell, she never used her powers again. She wanted to live a normal life, for you two,” Avalon explained.

It didn’t make sense to me. We belonged to the supernatural world. How could we be kept from it, if that’s what we were surrounded with? “But how could we be kept from it? You are obviously witches, something was bound to happen. Did she think we would never find out?”

“That was her plan. At least it was –wait, how did you find out?”

Tables turned & it was my turn to explain my side of the story as well. “My dad sent me up to the attic. I saw her mementos box. I found her journal and well, I went through it. Does my dad know?” In response, she shook her head.

“Why would you do this to me, Avalon? You’re family! Why couldn’t you tell me? Just when I was beginning to trust you!” I shakily shouted.

“Don’t even start with me! How come I didn’t tell you? You obviously trust your ‘friends’ way more than you’d ever trust me! Why don’t you ask them about it? They should all know. Not should, actually. They would know. Everyone you thought you trusted has a secret, too,” she blurted in defense.