Deal

hiiiii. i'd really appreciate it if y'all didn't hate me. i've been going through a lot, plus on top of school, but i was finally able to update.

for you.

my absolutely amazing, dedicated readers.

here it is.

you might hate it, you might love it. idk you tell me.

love you to the ends of the earth. best comment gets a dedication in the next chapter.

"Nani..." Mason said quietly. Everything around you had to be extremely quiet for you to understand what exactly he was saying. "Nani, what are you saying?! what's wrong with us?! What's wrong with... Me?"

I sighed to myself. I shouldn't have said anything, or at least found any easier way to break it to him. But I was under so much stress, I didn't see any other alternative. My baby brother just witnessed my boyfriend getting mind fucked... literally, and he has no idea how it happened.

"Nothing's wrong with you, Mason. You're perfectly fine."

Aside from that your a witch, no big deal, you know? It happens to some of us.

Sike.

"What were they doing to Zayn, then?! That seemed very inhumane to me, and you just said we're not human!"

Damn it.

"Mason, stop! I'll tell you, I promise. Just let us get home first, and we have to make sure Dad isn't home. He doesn't know, and I'd like to keep it that way."

I knew after we discussed this, things would be totally different. I knew it wouldn't be the same between us, between them, between anybody. Mason would see the world totally different, and he wouldn't be able to trust a soul and I knew if be the one to thank. But if he was going to find out what he actually was, I wanted him to find out from his sister.

The one who has always been there for him.

Not the people who decide just to pop up into his life. No. Me. The girl, the sister who has been there for all eighteen years of his life.

I reached over the console, hesitantly putting my hand over my brother's, hoping he wouldn't jerk away. Right now, we needed each other more than ever. We always have, considering all the stuff we've been through. But this was a time where we couldn't even turn our backs on each other for even a second. My heart warmed instantly when I didn't feel him go tense, but instead squeezed my hand. A squeeze that let me know instantly that he didn't want me to let him go.

And I swear, I swore I wouldn't.

We pulled up to the house, my dad's car nowhere in sight. I was kind of hoping he would be home so I could avoid the talk with Mason, but I knew ignoring this would be impossible. Even though he didn't like to admit it, he was just as stubborn as me.

I parked the car slowly, keeping my eyes down as I shut off the car. I knew the next step would be to step out, but I didn't want to.

This moment, right now was going to be the last moment of normality I would have with my baby brother.

I dragged my feet to the door, unlocking it and stepping to the side to let him walk through first. He made his way to the living room quickly, taking a seat.