Piano Man - Chapter 25

I chased my mom out of the bar, I was furious. How could she just do that? My dad had just went out on a limb and sang a beautiful song for the woman he was still madly and deeply in love with and all she had managed to do was embarrass him and storm off. “What was that?” I hollered after her. She stopped and turned around quickly on her toes.

“Do you know how humiliating that was?” She glared at me. “I am suppose to be getting married Darcy, I can’t have a man that walked out on me on my wedding and wasn’t there to help me raise you or Robby coming back in and singing me love songs. Did you really think that was going to change anything?”

“He wanted to be in our lives, you didn’t let him and yet again you are not letting one of the best things that has ever happened to you back into your life” I argued back. I knew my mom wasn’t in love with Kenneth, I just had to prove it to her. This was only step one of the plan anyways.

“You don’t know everything that happened, I was trying to protect you” she huffed as she sat down on the curb with her head in her hands. “He could destroy everything” she sighed.

“I know dad walked out on you on your wedding day and I know thats extremely hard to forgive, but if you could just hear him out…”

“Could we please just drop this?” My mom got up. “There are reasons why you don’t know everything, you are just a kid and can’t make decisions for me in my life. I am an adult and I get to marry whoever I wish and I do not need to explain myself to you. Now you can come back to the house with me or go back to the bar but this conversation is over.”

“But why?” I could feel my lip tremble.

“Because I said so, and as soon as Kenneth and I get married we are all going back to America as soon as possible. I shouldn’t have let you come here, some things can be so toxic.” she added as she walked away.

“If you’re the adult maybe it’s time you start acting like one!” I called out with tears forming in my eyes.Why couldn’t grow up and face the fact that she still has feelings for my dad instead of rushing into a wedding with Kenneth. I knew I didn’t have much time to sit around and mope thought because there was only a few days before the wedding and we still had a plan to finish. I walked back in and sat next to Noah who wrapped his arm around me. Everyone sat there pretty quietly, not knowing what to say. When finally my dad spoke up.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry for everything that I have done and for how I have hurt all of you but most of all I am sorry for the fact that all I can do is say sorry and that in itself won’t change anything” he apologized and walked slowly out of the bar. One again I got up and followed my other parent out of the bar.

“Dad, I know she still loves you” I said lightly as he sat in the very same spot my mom had, they were more a like than they were willing to admit.

“I think the glass of water on my head made it pretty clear that she doesn’t” he added. How were my parents so clueless.

“She dumped the water on your head because she loves you but she doesn’t want to admit it because she is afraid to admit it.” I explained. “Robby is still out with Kenneth, mom is gone back to farm house and is going to be alone, go talk to her” I urged him. He ran his fingers through his hair.

“What would I even say?” he questioned. “Hell I’m asking my daughter for dating advice, this just shows how not ready I am.” he half laughed.

“You’re just a bit out of practise.” I tried to comfort him. “What you said in the bar, that was real. So just go there and be real with her, hold nothing back at all.” I added. “Now stop wasting precious time and go get the girl”  I nudged him with my elbow until he got up and made his way to his car, and drove off towards the direction of my mother. I was just about to make my way back inside when Noah sat down beside me, placing his hand on my back.

“Are you okay?” he asked

“I’m okay, just exhausted.” I sighed. “ I can’t complain though because this is all my idea”

“True, but you can take a little time to yourself and relax” He added. “Everyone is staying at the bar for food, and your parents are at home, why don’t we go do something all on our own?” he suggested.

“Like what?” I turned and gave him a small smile.

“I have a few ideas of my own” he smirked. He got up and held his hand out helping me up and lead me over to the truck. We drove down one of the many unpaved roads, until we got further and further away from any sign of human trace, all the way down the road until it came to the end which was covered in trees. It was breathtaking.

“How do you find all these beautiful places?” I asked curiously.

“I have a lot of free time” he said as he got out of the truck and waited for me to do the same. i got out and grabbed his hand as he guided us through the trees, like he knew exactly where we were going and it turned out he did. He stopped when we came to this old log cabin, covered in vines. It looked like no one had been inside in years. “My friends and I were exploring one day and we found this, it’s kind of been our secret hangout ever since but none of have came back here in what seems to be forever” he explain as he dug into a flower pot and pulled out a key, unlocking the door. The cabin was pretty empty, it had a table with two chairs and a couch which was situated in front of the fireplace with an old rug on the ground in front of it along with a small pile of would.  Noah walked up the the fireplaces and grabbed a match and threw a few pieces of wood into the fire place well lighting the match and throwing it in as well, creating a fire that lit up the dimly lit cabin.

“Are you sure that’s safe?” I asked but Noah shrugged it off and made a signal for me to sit down on the couch with him.

“Isn’t this relaxing?” he whispered into my ear slightly while playing with my hair, it was so soothing. I closed my eyes and leaned back on the couch, nodding my head in agreement. Noah’s hand slid up my thigh as he kissed up my neck and I moved a bit closer, while turning my head to kiss him on the lips. His meant mine, and continued to move in sync with them. Soon the soft sweet kisses turned into longer deeper ones and laid back on the couch as Noah leaned over me, kissing me more and more. My hands caressed his back and the top of his neck as his hairline pulling him into more kisses, as his hands glided down from my chest to my hips and his body pressed against mine a little harder. I could tell he was getting turned on, and I had to admit I was too, except for the fact that I knew I wasn’t ready for anything more than making out but as long as he didn’t try to go further I didn’t seem a problem with it. I turned my neck slightly in order to become more comfortable and that when I noticed the light beaming and how much hotter the cabin had become.

“Noah” I said as I stopped moving my lips.

“Yes?’ he answered in a seductive tone as he attempted to continue to kiss me.

“Noah” I pushed him off and he looked hurt, until he saw what I was staring at. The cabin was on fire.

A/N: I've finally updated, sorry about the long delay. I was going through more than I could handle but now I am back to writing and am going to try and be more regular. I am also working on a teenficrtion story which is on my other account (link is on my profile) and if you could go check out my story Saving Ottolie, there is a contest going on which is one both my message boards, please go check it out! Thank you for reading, please comment and vote! :)xx