Piano Man - Chapter 7

“We’re One Direction and this is us’” the movie faded from the five young boys faces as the credits rolled up.  The ending of the movie replayed in my head over and over again. My eyes started to tear up but I tried to cover it. I loved seeing my dad look so happy with my mom and Robby running around backstage, they really looked in love, they looked like a family.. Noah was a spitting image of Niall when he was younger and the rest of the boys just looked like they were having the time of their lives. For a second I felt anger run through my veins at my dad ruining everyone’s happiness, but then I remembered that I am going to find him. I can tell him how I feel, ask him why he left and then hopefully we can all be one happy family, well if Robby doesn’t mind.  I felt bad for him but I didn’t understand why he was so against even mentioning my father. Robby was what? Three when my father left,he couldn’t even remember how much of a jerk my father was if he wanted to. I tried to sleep but my mind didn’t want to which caused my body to toss and turn constantly, until a little ray of light shone through the window showing tiny dust particles along the sheets and in the air. I let a long breath out blowing the dust in different directions. I wasn’t looking forward to today. I had no sleep whatsoever, and Noah was taking  me to the bar to see if I could get a job there. He said I could, I just had to answer a few questions and get them right, he also said that I’d be an idiot if I got them wrong. I am not worried about that though, I am worried that I will miss Liam’s arrival while I am out folding napkins and busing dishes-the career of my dreams.

Once the sun came up a little more I decided that I should probably get up and try to look human for this interview and a little bit for Noah. I got up and tight my rats nest into a low bun while making my way downstairs. That was until I heard the quiet singing coming from the shower. “Don't want to close my eyes,I don't want to fall asleep. And I don't want to miss a thing” The mystery voice softly song, just the same tone as a hum.  It was soft, deep and very relaxing. It reminded me of a voice I had heard before. That’s when it hit me, the person singing was Robby and he sounded exactly like my father. Before I could move the bathroom door opened and for some reason I turned flush, as If I was embarrassed of his singing. To be honest I was jealous.

“Wow” was all I could get out of my mouth to my brother who had blue foam coming out of his mouth from brushing his teeth.

“fwat?” I got a mumbled ‘what’ out of him.

“I never knew you could sing” I gestured my hands at him but he just shrugged

“ I can’t” and he went to turn away from me.

“Robby you sound exactly like dad did” I gasped at him and Robby rolled his eyes.

“Darc, I am sorry for freaking on you yesterday about dad.  I get you want to find him and I won’t stop you but I also don’t care if he fell of the face of the Earth. You and Mum have always been there and you guys are all I need.”

“I get it” I nodded and walked away.I didn’t fully get it but if I could find my dad then maybe, just maybe I could get Robby to forgive and forget.

“Good Morning sleeping beauty”  Noah smiled as I made my way down the stairs, and he forked half a pancake into his mouth, a spitting image of prince charming,I know. The only thing he was missing was his coat of armour but the coat of maple syrup dripping down his chin could probably do.