Piano Man - Chapter 21

I was up bright and early waiting for the arrival of Louis, I couldn’t sleep well anyways with my mind trying to think as fast a roadrunner. As soon as the light shone through the window revealing the beautiful country sunrIse sky, I got up and headed downstairs to make everyone breakfast. The aroma was crisp and the noise of snapping grease filled the air as I cooked up enough bacon and eggs for everyone. Cooking was a task I learned when my would go away on small events and Robby would forget to eat over the time she was gone. Sometimes Robby looked like a skeleton of worry, and anger, I never knew why though I could just tell that there was a chip on his shoulder that he took everywhere. It was to see him up early and finally happy for once instead of hiding himself in his room all day, I’d like to think a lot of it had to do with finding dad but I also knew the other part was because of Shaiyena.

Robby greeted me while grabbing a cup of coffee and then headed into the living room to watch morning cartoons, part of him with always be a little kid. The next to come down was  Noah surprisingly enough, he always woke up late but I guess today was different and I wasn’t the only one that was letting the nerves get to me. He surprised me by gently hugging me from behind and kissing my neck as I continued to make more eggs so there would be enough for everyone. I smiled and gave him a kiss on the cheek, and went to kiss him on the lips when my attention was taken by the sound of a throat clearing. I turned around to see my dad standing in the kitchen with his eyebrows slightly furrowed. I could feel my cheeks turn beet read but I tried to play it off as if nothing happened.

“Good Morning” greeted my dad.

“Morning, how did you sleep” I asked trying to start a conversation that wasn’t about him leaving me.

“Better than usual, I was a little excited to see Louis which is why I am up so early” he explained.

“I smell bacon!” I loud bellowing voice declared as big thumps came down the stairs and Niall entered the kitchen.

“It is “ I smiled holding up the egg flipper.

“Wow, thank you” Niall gushed walking behind me while looking at what I had cooked. “This smells and looks delicious” he stated and picked up a piece of bacon and took a bite, and having judging my cooking gave me a thumbs up. I smiled in response and scooped the rest of the finally finished cooking eggs onto the plate.

“breakfast is ready for whoever is’ I stated loud enough for Robby to here, who came out and served himself a plate and just as I finished saying it Perrie and Callie came down the stairs.

“I tried to get Zayn to get up, I even reminded him about Louis but he not a morning person so it’s best to let him sleep” she explained to everyone causing a few laughs. There was probably an old inside joke about that back when they were all young and touring. Eventually everyone made their way down with the smell of the eggs and bacon leading them here, and we even saw Zayn’s face before noon, who heated himself up a place. All of the kids knew that the adults needed their space so we hung out on our own and gave them more of the time they desperately needed to catch up as we all waited for Louis to arrive.

It was probably a quarter after three when we heard a car coming up the driveway, and just like little puppies we all ran to the window to see who it was. None of us knew what Louis’ car looked like but we were all hoping it was him and watched eagerly as it parked and then the occupants exited. I didn’t know what Louis looked like  now a days but from the old pictures and everyone’s reactions it was most definitely Louis. He got out and then open the back door, helping someone get unbuckled, and then soon came out of the passenger side was a gorgeous girl with waves of brown hair, and a tall brunette with straight brown hair and square framed glasses came from the one back door and a little boy with almost ginger hair exited the side with Louis. They made their way to the door and we all got seated on the couches, while Niall prepared to greet them.