Piano Man - Chapter 20

I’m the type of person that blushes when someone embarasses themselves, hurts when others hurt themselves and do of course I felt a lot of anxiety for my dad as we walked up the driveway and opened the front doors. I knew the lads wanted to see him but I also knew that a lot of them were hurt, and probably a bit mad at him like I was. I was a little happy that Louis hadn’t made it there yet so that maybe there wouldn’t be quite as much tension in the room. I turned the handle on the door and opened it only to see everyone standing right behind the front door. They were probably waiting for Robby and I to return after the second we left, I mean who wouldn’t be excited to see their best friend after fourteen years of no contact.

As I opened the door all the way revealing my dad standing behind me, everyone began to react in there own way,the only thing they had in common was the shocked look they had and the fact that their jas dropped. Liam crossed his arms and looked down avoiding eye contact with Harry, while Zayn pulled him into a quick hug and Niall stood there speechless with tears running down his face. I looked to Harry whose lips were quivering and his old kind hearted eyes turned a bright green as they moistened and tears formed. Niall immediately pulled Harry into a tight hug and they cried into each others shoulders, comforting one another.

When everyone was done pulling each other into long overdue hugs we went and sat down in the livingroom so the our dad could explain, which is the only reason why Liam agreed to sit down and have a conversation with him. Even though Robby and I had just heard the story we sat with even else as Harry filled them in. I don’t think Zayn or Niall cared why he left, but were just overly grateful that he came back but Liam on the other hand was very skeptical. He sat in the corner chair with his arms crossed and eyebrows furrowed, it didn’t look like he believed any of my dad’s story. Did I believe my dads story? Well what else is there to believe as long as he is sitting here in front of me then everything is okay.

“That’s your excuse?” Liam finally spoke up, as my dad finished telling his story.

“It’s not an excuse Liam” He replied. “There is no excuse for my poor choices, it’s what caused me to do so but it is not an excuse” he explained, Liam looked at Harry and nodded not showing any emotion but then a small weak smile grew upon Liam’s face.

“I’m glad you’re okay mate”

“I’m glad you decided to talk to me,I was actually a bit worried you’d all want to kill me” he confessed. “ I didn’t expect a warm welcome but this was better than I had thought”

“Wait till Louis gets here” Niall stated.

“Or Sarah to find out” Shawna disclosed.

“Sarah isn’t here?” my dad looked confused.

“No, she’s on tour with her orchestra” I explained. “Which is why Robby and I are here”

“Oh”Harry took in all the information, and sat there silently thinking to himself. “Maybe, I should go” he finally spoke up again.

“No!” Niall exclaimed and then tried to play it cool. “Stay for a while, we’ve got plenty of room and all of us boys haven’t talked in ages, why not catch up now?” he suggested. “The kids are going to bed soon anyways”  This was our cue to leave. I knew that all the boys needed time to catch up because it wasn’t just me that Harry left unexpectedly.So all of us got up and made it to our guest rooms. It was a good thing that Niall had bought a huge farmhouse and not a small apartment else it would be hard for all of us to fit into the same house. We did have to make a few adjustments though. Shaiyena, Nour and I all had to share a room, one of us on the single bed and the other two on a pull out couch. While Noah and Robby had to share a room, and leaving Gabby and Lana and Callie to share a room as well and the adults having rooms of their own.We all went back to our rooms and my room decided we would stay up for a bit and gossip.