Piano Man - Chapter 3

The steaming hot water collides into my skin, releasing tension causing my back to arch slightly.  I close my eyes, and the hot steam envelopes my body. I hum the first tune that pops into my head quietly to myself. As I wash the foaming shampoo out of my hair, the water trickles in little streams down my back. I tried to focus on the shower, but as much as I tried I couldn’t stop thinking about him. Well maybe not as much him as the embarrassing incident I got myself into. I could feel my cheeks turn a light hue of red, just remembering what happened only moments ago. I don’t know if it was his deep as an ocean eyes or the fact that his crooked toothy smile spread  from cheek to cheek while his shaggy blond hair was pushed back due to the heat. “Hi, I’m Noah” He smirked, all his charisma shone through in that simple sentence and in my simple response showed my awkwardness.

“Hey, me too” My eyes shot wide open as I realized what stupid words I let slip out of my mouth. “ I mean... I’m Darcy it’s nice to meet you too.” I could feel my veins pulse faster in embarrassment but he just chuckled and grabbed one of my bags.

“ Do you want me to carry anything else?”

“ No it is fine” I insisted, not wanting to look even more incapable than I already appeared to be. I grabbed the rest of my things while keeping an eye on Noah. He was very attractive and his accent just made him even better. He just kept smiling at me, while I tried to concentrate on not drooling of him. That was probably why I didn’t remember we were in the country and I slipped in a puddle of mud, my bags and me landing face first into it. Everybody turned in shock, except for Noah who was having a good chuckle at my epic fail.

“ Noah, stop laughing and help her up” Shawna commanded. “Actually you go get all the bags, Gabriela can you show her to a shower please?” She cooed at the younger girl, who clearly took after her mother in looks. They both have deep brown hair, richer than the finest soils on earth and chocolatey brown eyes. The girl smiled at me, but you could clearly tell that she was trying not to laugh as I got up, all covered in mud.

“ I’m Gabriela, but you can call me Gabby” she suggested as she guided me through their house.

“ Aha, thanks I’m-”

“Darcy, I know” She interrupted me, but not in a rude way. You could tell she was super friendly just nodded awkwardly because social interaction is hardly my forte. “Don’t worry about Noah, he doesn’t know how to act around girls because they don’t normally talk to him” she laughed and got a chuckle out of me. I didn’t believe it though, I would say the same about Robby to anyone but the truth was he was a ladies man.

“ Older brothers” I sighed while shaking my head.

“Tell me about it” She agreed. “ Well here is the bathroom, there are towels and everything you need in there. We will probably be in the living room when you’re done” She explained.

“ Thanks”  and that is why I am here in the shower, turning into a prune, well trying to figure out how to avoid Noah. Maybe I could fake a headache and go to bed. Or maybe I could go with my mom on tour instead of staying here. Wait, but I have to stay here If I am going to figure more out about my dad. I guess seeing a cute boy that laughed at me is a small sacrifice. I stopped the water while grabbing a towel to dry  my hair before I moved the curtains,  and then continued to wrap the towel around my body as I exited the warm shower into the bathroom that felt like Antarctica.

“Woah” my head turned to where the voice came from to see the same blonde boy quickly zipping up his pants, well looking slightly embarrassed.

“What are you doing in here?” I squealed, grabbing him and pushing him out of the bathroom.