Piano Man -Chapter 15

Nour, Noah and I all walked into the house just in time for dinner. Everyone was already all set up at the dinner table just awaiting our presence.  I smiled slightly and quickly ran upstairs to change into clothes that didn’t smell like beer and peanuts.  “How was work Darcy?”  Zayn asked me and then took a big gulp of his drink, which I assumed was beer. I learned a few things in Ireland, if you don’t know what’s in the cup it most likely beer especially at Niall’s.

“It was good, no rowdy drunks” I added at the end while putting a slightly fake smile on my face.” Oh I actually met this guy today who says he knew my father” I exclaimed. “ His name was Michael.

“Michael?” Zayn asked and then furrowed his eyebrows as he thought. “ Did he say how he knew your father”

“No” I stated disappointed. “Ed says he claims to know everyone though, except he knew my name” I raised my voice at the end turning it into a question.

“That might have to do with your name tag, genius” Robby snared. I could tell he was upset with me for talking about dad so much and getting everyone involved in the search. He didn’t get it, I guess he didn’t know that mom had been lying to him this whole time, that the dad that he tracked down was a fraud.  I still hadn’t found time or the proper moment to tell him. I decided to tell him after dinner.

“Oh yea...” I replied and took a sip of my water. “ I thought I would keep talking to him just incase” I turned my attention back to everyone else.

“That’s a good idea” Liam smiled. “ Has anyone talked to Louis yet?” He asked, I could immediately feel the elephant in the room.

“I finally got a hold of him mate and he didn’t want anything to do with it”  Niall answered Liam’s question. He said to let it be.

“Maybe if  Darcy tried” Zayn suggested. “ Better yet Robby, he has always had a place in his heart for Robby”

“Robby won’t” I answered quickly without thinking, and everyone then turned to look at him. Robby just got up and walked away and I found myself chasing after him once again.

“Robby! Come back! I need to talk to you!” I shouted while running down the laneway after Robby.

“You can’t change anything Darcy! I told you to stop!”

“ I know you went looking for him” I stated and stopped running to hold my side. Robby stopped and turned around.

“Then why are you still looking for that bastard”

“Because it’s not him. I figured it out, it’s his look alike from when he was famous” I explained.

“That’s a bunch of lies Darcy.”