Piano Man - Chapter 16

“I swear” Robby insisted as he typed quickly into the google search bar. “I heard that song before when I was searching for dad a few years back” He explained. Everyone else had went to sleep or settled down watching a movie in the living room, but after I told Robby about the man at the bar singing the song, he insisted that it was secretly apart of my dad’s very complicated puzzle. “Here, I told you” he stated proudly. “It was the song he sang for his audition” he added and then pressed play. I watched as this catchy tune appeared on the screen as well, a presenter who was talking about all the auditions that day. Then the scene changed to an empty stage in which four judges sat in front of. Then shortly a medium height curly haired boy made his way out on the stage wearing a grey cardigan and a dull green scarf. He looked nervous, but he answered their questions. I watched as my dad was probably around my age and was in the middle of making his dream come true.

Once the familiar music  started playing and his voice echoed around the room, I knew Robby was right. There was more to the man at the bar just singing it for me, he had to know how much it meant to my father, and must of known my father when he was that age. Through the many of the stories though no one mentioned a Michael, not any of the boys, my mom or any of the research that my brother and I had put into it.  We did find one Michael related to my father, who was in a band that toured with my dad’s, but with the help of google we found out that he was still doing a bit of music in Australia. Which raised a question in my head-was Michael  really who he said he was? I didn’t want to raise any alarms or get anyone to excited but my intuition told me, and it might just be a wild card, that Michael was my dad. Who else would know as much about him as Michael does, and is the only person that has seen my father recently. “Should we tell the adults?” Robby asked spinning the computer chair around.

“I think we should keep this to ourselves, just for a bit”  I hesitated, I didn’t want Robby to ask why. I wanted to look into this long shot a little bit more before I told anyone even Noah. “If he is willing to open up to me, I wouldn’t want to jeopardize them scaring him away” I partially lied.

“Okay”Robby yawned. “I’m going to go to bed, you should go and try to talk to Michael again tomorrow, who knows how long he will be in town for” he added as he walked up the stairs.”I love you Darc”

“I love you too” I raised my voice only enough so he could hear it from the top of the stairs.

“I’m flattered” someone joked from behind me. I turned around to see Noah leaning on the doorway smirking.

“Hardy har har, you are so funny” I sarcastically replied.

“I know that’s why you love me” he replied. “What are you looking at?” He walked up and looked at the computer screen.

“Just stuff relating to my dad” I explained, and quickly exited the screen.

“Do you know what I think you need to do?” Noah asked raising an eyebrow.

“Not really, but something tells me you’re going to tell me anyways” I laughed.

“What do you think?” I turned to him.

“I think you should take your mind off your dad for a bit” he leaned down over top of my shoulder, as I sat still in the computer chair.

“And how do you think I should do that?” I asked a little bit curious to his ideas. I turned slightly more to look at him, and he just smiled. He leaned over more and placed his hand underneath my chin with his thumb on it. He gently slid his thumb across my chin as he leaned closer. I knew what he was thinking and as much as I wanted to kiss him, my mind couldn’t let the thought of his special friendship with Nour out of my mind, but before I could respond his lips pressed against mine. He pulled away, but only a tiny bit, his warm breath brushing against my lips. I looked up at him while taking a deep breath,wrapped my hand around the back of his head pulling our lips back together. His lips caressed mine gently, moving with mine. My body relaxed at the safe feeling his kiss gave me, causing my lips to part, and Noah to act upon it. When his tongue ran along my lips, I pulled away.