To Hell And Back

A/N Sorry for the change in POVs. This was incredibly rushed but I hope you enjoy. This one was suggested by RoseGilinski!

Magnus was panicking. Alec was gone- taken- and he was failing to find a solution. Alec had gone to hell, taken by Magnus' own father. It was Magnus' fault, no one could deny that: a spell gone wrong. It was common for one to summon the wrong demon but Alec's involvement had blown the situation out of proportion.

Magnus had warned Alec of the dark magic he was performing and after hours of arguments, mostly Alec trying to persuade him not to, the demon was present. That demon was Asmodeus. Asmodeus never left without a deal being put in place first. His price, Alexander. That was simply for being summoned.

Alec, despite Magnus' protests, had gone with the demon- if only to save Magnus. Magnus, devastated, began to work on only more dark magic to counteract it. He was going to hell. Magnus Bane was choosing to go to hell. All for a boy, a shadowhunter at that.

He wanted to laugh, he had once vowed that he would never fall for a shadowhunter and now he was going to literal hell and back to save him. Magnus couldn't know what was about to happen. That was how their story began- one incredibly long, messy story. Hell was only the beginning.

-

I ran, ran as fast as I could. The man chased me, equipped only with a suit and a tie. Looking back, I remembered why I was running. His eyes flashed a bright amber and I flinched at the sudden light, falling to the ground as I tripped over a stone I hadn't seen my path. I looked to the ground, red. I was in hell. How had I forgotten? I was in hell.

'Magnus!' I called out as the beast trod on my back with its wolf-like foot. It was a mutant, a demon mutant. A cross between what the human world called a wolf and a man. To me, a lycanthromo. A silly name in my opinion but the name still brought a chill to my bone.

I had no weapons, I wasn't safe. Then, nothing. I was in that black room again. I was in nothingness again. The room was black and only black. Was it even a room? It was as if my eyes were shut but I could feel them wide open. I saw nothing. Not a peep of light came from any nook or crevice. I was sealed in airtight and I was beginning to struggle to breathe.

I looked down, I could see myself. Was that possible? I began to hyperventilate. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't breathe. 'Magnus.' I gasped. It seemed he was the only thing I could bring myself to speak anymore. 'Magnus.' I repeated: nothing. I don't think I could even hear the words. It was as if my ears weren't there. It was as I wasn't there. I could see myself but all my other senses were shut off.

I couldn't feel. I couldn't hear. I couldn't taste. I couldn't smell. But, I could see. What kind of punishment was this?

'It was what you asked for.' A familiar voice called out as if it were the on the other side of the room. But, it wasn't. I couldn't hear them. I was simply processing the words in my mind. They weren't speaking these words, they were sending them. 'You seem so confused, young shadowhunter. Maybe it's time I revealed the real world.' And that the man did.

I felt so cold and a felt suffocated. My air was really running out yet I wasn't going to be here for long. But, where was here. 'You're about to find out.'

-

The darkness erupted into light and blinded Alec painfully. It was...lava. Yes, that was magma. The rock was red. It was the perfectly stereotypical representation of hell.

'Oh, wait. That isn't it.' The scenery changed and Alec felt as his feet began to freeze. He looked down, no shoes and...ice, lots of ice. He flung his head up. It was all ice.

'One more try.' The man spoke patronisingly. The scenery fractured like a picture frame revealing hell's true form. Alec, in reality, was in a palace. A grand one at that. It was made of gold, simply. It was just gold, there was no hint of anything else. Even the cloth looked as if they had been made from gold dust. Alec was almost as in awe as he was in fear. 'There it is.' He smiled wickedly, his suit creasing as he leant forward, resting his head on his arms, examining his prey.

'Oh, how pretty. I understand why my son loves you. He must be missing you so terribly.' He mocked Alec with a cruelty only demons could muster.

'Leave Magnus out of this.' Alec spat, taking deep breaths to calm down. Attacking a higher demon with no weapons would do him no good.

'But, how can I? This is Magnus' punishment after all, is it not?' Asmodeus laughed, leaning back in his chair, smoothing the creases in his formal attire. 'Oh, he's trying to save you! Summoning me won't work.' A panicked look suddenly was brought to his face as the room vanished in a white flash. It was as if a bomb had exploded in that very room and the deafening light brought Alec to his knees.

'Magnus.' He breathed as he opened his eyes again to reveal Magnus, fuming as he performed the summoning spell from the book in front of him.

'Impossible.' Asmodeus breathed, his eyes wide.

'Nothing's impossible. I'm your son after all. The things I do for love.' Magnus breathed, thrusting his hands forward, an invisible force throwing both Alec and Asmodeus into an invisible wall. No, only Alec hit that wall. Asmodeus was gone. Magnus had rid him of this dimension and kept Alec. He had saved him.

It seemed all too easy.

Nothing was that easy.

Alec only realised when he looked up. Magnus was on the floor. Was he breathing? Alec couldn't be sure. Alec couldn't move. He was still inside the barrier.

word count: 1023

published: 04.04.17