A Very Malec Date

The street was desolate apart from the two men, holding hands, walking down the streets of Brooklyn. It was only nine in the evening and they were both walking in a direction unknown to both of them.

Magnus had booked a reservation at a fancy restaurant but it seemed that both of them really weren't that bothered about eating. They seemed to be heading in the vague direction of the park and Magnus had an idea.

Magnus clicked his fingers, hoping that his imagination and magic could work in unison for this. It was a struggle to work his magic without Alec noticing and it was even harder to keep his eyes off Alec when he was wearing his suit. It was still black but it fit him well and showed off the body of the perfect shadowhunter.

Alec blushed when he noticed Magnus' eyes roaming his body. 'Magnus!' He teased, hitting his arm gently. Magnus just laughed and continued to move his fingers behind his back- working his magic.

Another few minutes passed and Magnus was done and they were nearing the empty park. It was cold outside so no human would want to be outside in the January weather. But, Alec being shadowhunter and Magnus being a warlock meant they both had easy methods of staying warm in even the lowest of temperatures.

That didn't mean that they didn't feel the chill but the pain that it caused was much lessened and how no effect on the extravagant evening Magnus had planned.

When the entered, the park lit up, just as Magnus had planned. Through the trees, fairy lights were strung, all leading to the same place- the gazebo.

The gazebo was the most impressive of all. Fairy lights surrounded the frame light a spider's web; the gazebo was lit up with hues of pinks, purples and blues. It was a sight to behold and Magnus was proud of how much he could accomplish from so far away with some simple magic.

Alec's head turned to Magnus, his mouth open and his eyes wide. 'Magnus...how?' He stammered, rushing towards the gazebo, Magnus in tow.

'It's a secret.' He smiled, knowing Alec knew exactly how he did this. They smiled at each other, their faces as lit up as bright as the fairy light's surrounding them. 'Thank you.' Alec murmured, bringing Magnus into a warm embrace. 'Thank you so much. You spoil me.' He laughed, his eyes watering with unshed tears.

It was true that Alec gave and did not receive much in return to Magnus had made it his job to give Alec as much as he could- including his own heart. 'Only for you, Alexander, only for you.' Alec's heart jumped a beat when he saw what was inside the gazebo.

The inside held a neatly arranged table and chairs, made for two, with a beautiful, steaming meal ready to be eaten. Alec's mouth watered as he approached the food, dragging Magnus with him.

'I can't believe you.' He breathed, sitting in one of the two chairs. Magnus smirked and dug into the food.

'I'm full of surprises.' He smiled and took Alec's hand. 'You deserve more, though, Alec. You deserve the world.' The first tear fell and Alec looked up to Magnus and shook his head, smiling widely.

Alec picked at his food then, avoiding looking at Magnus, knowing that the food would never be eaten if he did. Inevitably, he couldn't hold it in anymore and he leapt out of his chair and into Magnus' arms- their lips connecting in a passionate kiss.

Alec smiled against Magnus' lips, murmuring 'I love you' between breaths. Magnus was no different. They spent the night: eating, kissing and whispering sweet nothings into each other's ears. It was magical and Alec couldn't hope for better.

The stars glowed in the sky as they both lay on the grass, their hands intertwined and their eyes fixed on the sky above them. 'I can't say it enough times, Magnus. Thank you. I love you with all my heart.' His eyes drifted from the sky to the magical colour of Magnus' eyes, smiling all the while.

'I love you too, my love.' Magnus replied, bringing Alec above him and into another kiss. 'You're perfect.'

'You're making me blush.' Alec laughed, his face flushing a deep red.

'As I always do.' Magnus teased, kissing one of his cheeks. 'It's beautiful.' Magnus murmured, looking into the eyes of the man he loved. 'As are your eyes.'

'You're just trying to make me blush harder.' Alec whined, turning away in a childish tantrum.

'By telling the truth.' Each statement Magnus made, made Alec blush harder. Giving up, Alec turned to Magnus and grasped his hand.

'Magnus, stop it, please.' Alec widened his eyes and pouted and Magnus soon gave up.

'For a shadowhunter that puts fear into even the strongest of demons, you can sure as hell look too cute for your own good.' It was Magnus' turn to pout and Alec was victorious.

'We're even now.' Alec joked, resting his head on Magnus' chest. 'I love you.' He repeated.

'I love you too.' Magnus replied. It was at times like these that neither could understand why they were ever apart. They loved each other more than words or actions could express.

They loved each other with all they had and even that was not enough. Their love really was eternal. For Magnus, that would be a long time. For Alec, he didn't need eternity. The short time they had together only made it more precious.

As they looked back up to the stars, they knew they would never regret anything. No matter how heartbroken they ended up, or joyous, they would never regret a single action. A relationship can only go one of two ways and whatever one they would take, they would be happy until the end. What the end was, they had no idea.

But at least they knew, or simply hoped, that it wouldn't be soon. They had a long time until the end and they would use it to show each other as much love as they could. Because they loved each other deeply and they couldn't express it enough.

The night ended when they were back in bed and they gave each other a final 'I love you.'

word count: 1036

published: 27.02.17