Maxwell Lightwood Bane Is Fabulous

MAX'S POV

I'm a six-year-old, a fabulous one at that. As you can probably guess already I am the warlock son of Magnus Bane and, not so obviously, son of Alec Lightwood: one of the most famous couples in the shadow worlds history. I can say I'm proud to be their son. The story I'm about to tell you is ridiculous and a bit odd but it goes back to when I was four and my father, Alec, and my daddy, Magnus, decided that bringing me to a party was a good idea.

-

'MAGNUS, YOU ARE NOT BRINGING OUR SON TO A PARTY!' My father shouted.

'Well, I am definitely not letting Jace babysit again!' (That's a story for another time)

'Why not Isabelle. JUST NOT A PARTY, MAGNUS!' My parents rarely fought and I knew it wasn't serious but the harshness of my father did make both my daddy and I flinched back. When he looked at me, I saw the disappointment in his eyes and he rushed towards his bedroom.

My daddy was about to run after him but I saw the defeat in his eyes too. I didn't understand then, I was only four. (but now being the fabulously wise six-year-old I am, I now do)

He picked me up and after sitting on the sofa and pulled me onto his lap. 'You're still going to a party blueberry' he whispered in my ear, I could feel his smirk. His son's first party.

It only took a few minutes before my father came out. 'Fine.' Was all he said before coming to me and daddy, engulfing us both in a hug.

'But don't say I didn't warn you.' Father smirked and kissed my forehead before kissing my dad. They didn't stop and they pulled rapidly away from each other as if they only just realised I was there.

'I guess it's time to get ready.' Said my father, looking disappointed.

'I have an idea...' My daddy smirked and I knew what was about to come. 'MAKEOVER!' My daddy screamed and I saw the fear in my father's eyes. He had turned as white as a sheet.

'Yaaaay!' I squealed.

'Please no, Mags!' My father begged.

'Too late.' My daddy laughed and magicked his makeup into the living room. 'I am the host of this party and my husband look good.'

'I've been to your parties before Mags and never did I dress up!' He whined.

'Yes, but today I'm going to show you off and you' he poked my nose and I giggled 'my little blueberry.'

'Ugh!' My father didn't stop moaning until my daddy started to put foundation on him. He had magicked it in from the local store due to his being the wrong shade.

My father's face was stuck in a state of shock and wasn't moving. At least it made it easier for my daddy, especially when he did the eyeliner.

The only time my father moved was when daddy got the eyelash curlers out. 'That...that- that's a torture d...device.' My father stammered.

'Trust me, Alexander.' My dad brought up the curlers and gently put the on my father's eyelashes but pulled away suddenly when my father screams.

'S-sorry, I was scared.' He mumbled embarrassed.

'You fight demons daily! How are you scared of this!' My daddy brought it to his face again but my father flinched back.

'I-it reminds me of when Sebastian took me' He admitted; a tear escaped from my father's eye. The smile that had held on my face for the last twenty minutes became a frown and I threw my arms around my father's neck and my daddy followed suit.

He wiped the tear away quickly, 'Im sorry, this is no way to be in front of my family.' He mumbled.

'I shouldn't have forced you, sweet pea.' My daddy only used nicknames when my father was truly upset.

'Who's Sebastian?' I asked innocently.

'Later.' My daddy said quietly. (They still haven't told me two years later. How bad was this guy!?)

'Let's start the party a need a...distraction.' My father mumbled the last word and I'm pretty sure he thought neither of us heard him. My father gave him a sympathetic smile but couldn't keep from doing the final part of his makeover.

'CLOTHES!' He announced, and my father sighed.

'No glitter.'

'Why not!?' My daddy and I said, at exactly the same time.

'No. Glitter.' My father was persistent but daddy and I still got a great outfit for him.

My father was done. I giggled but I felt bad after seeing the blush come to his cheeks but daddy's smile just got wider.

'You look fantastic, Alexander!' He exclaimed.

'I look....huh.' My father finally looked in the mirror and was shocked by the sight. He had a midnight blue T-shirt on and ripped jeans. The blue beanie was balanced stylishly on the back of his head and his hair had been gelled out of his face.

I squealed with excitement. 'My turn! My turn! I wanna look like father!' Daddy seemed shocked but understood as soon as he realised just how good father looked.

In the end, I wore the same as my father excluding the beanie and the makeup (though I still had eyeliner and a bit of glitter on).

My dad, as usual, looked - well - fabulous! His glitter trainers matched his waistcoat that had a black shirt underneath and even when they got me daddy refused to wear trousers (pants) to a single party.

'Let the party begin' My father shouted, clicking his fingers. The loft seemed to grow in size and the music blared loudly. I wasn't surprised to see that downworlders were already flooding in...but the worst was yet to come.

It wasn't long before daddy was drunk - really drunk - and father was attempting to pry him from the room. Daddy was laughing uncontrollably at father's angry face as he glanced at me and back to daddy. Then he noticed, took him long enough, that daddy wasn't the only one in the family who was drunk. I was too.

'MAXWELL!' I heard a scream. I had never heard father this angry. I was scared. 'EVERYONE OUT!' He screamed, and the downworlders ran from the threatening Nephilim. 'MAGNUS!' Was his next command and my daddy stumbled towards my father, unaware of his anger. 'You are having no contact from me OR MAX for a month!' He screamed and the realisation in my daddy seemed to kick in and I saw the stupid side of him trying to argue back but he backed down and trudged back to the bedroom.

Of course, though, my father was lying. I'd see him the next day, sulking with an exaggerated pout. But, in that moment, it didn't matter. Because I was next.

A/N This could be made into a mini one shot series cuz I loved writing it but comment below if you liked it or not!

word count: 1142