XIV

==Fourteen==

[Niall’s POV]

“I’m not going in.” Zayn huffed for the fifth time, “There’s no way in hell I’ll step foot in there.” He sat down on the steps leading up the front door of the cabin, facing Ed and myself. Ed shook his head as Zayn refused and I stood against the banister.

“You need to man up for once in your life.” Ed said, biting the bottom of his lip, “How can you be in a relationship with a hybrid and be such a pansy at the same time? The two don’t mix.” Ed shot a look at me, to which I shuffled uncomfortably.

“Because we aren’t.” Zayn hummed, “But fine, I’ll go in.” He stood quickly and walked up to the door, waiting for us to follow. Walking past me I noticed he was clenching his jaw, something he did when he was really scared. I walked behind him interlocking my hand with his.

“I’ll be right beside you.” I comforted, “I won’t let anything touch you.” Zayn tensed at my poor choice of words but the look on his face told me he trusted me and that was everything I wanted from him. Trust.

Ed opened the door and we all walked in, listening to the creaking of the old wood, “Someone’s been in here.” Ed whispered, “Shit. You two go upstairs. See if anything’s there.” Ed started retreating down the hallway in front of us, but my voice stopped him.

“What are we looking for?”

He turned halfway as he pushed something into the wall, “Anything.” And then he ran down a new set of stairs. Zayn’s eyes were fixated on the door on the second floor, which was closed. His white teeth shining through the pale moonlight that crept its way into the cabin through the cracks in the walls, “Do you want to go up there?” My voice was low.

“No.”

“Do you want to wait outside?”

Zayn looked into my eyes, his hand tightening around mine, “No.” He started taking a few steps towards the inclining staircase, dragging me slowly behind him. As he forced his weight down on the first step, it let out a loud moan of a creek, causing Zayn to jump back with a sharp yell. He gripped my shoulder, gently pushing to forward to go first. A small smirk appeared on my face and I went forward, bringing Zayn behind me. With every creak of the staircase, Zayn would flinch in fear. I knew he didn’t want to be in here, but he and I both knew that he kind of needed to be if we wanted to fix this mess. It was horrible, knowing he was so scared, but there wasn’t much I could really do.

We got to the door and opening it as harder than anticipated. I turned the handle and used my shoulder to push it open, but it was like it was stuck and didn’t want to be opened, “Maybe it’s a sign Niall. Maybe we should wait outside.” Zayn whispered, tugging on my sleeve. I heard what he was saying, but the animal inside of me had me forcing my weight against the door. I kept slamming my shoulder repeatedly into the door, making no difference in loosening it up. The harder I tried, the more snarls and growls left my throat.

It wasn’t intentional, but I was slowly fading into a darkness I never wanted to be near, “Niall, what are you – calm down!” Zayn screamed, grabbing my shoulders and pushing me up against the door. He watched carefully as I panted, my eyes glued to the floor. Even without looking at him I could see the fear that surrounded him. The person he was looking at wasn’t the person he knew. We both knew that. He took a step back, swallowing hard, “We need to tell Ed. Surely this all means something.” Zayn’s words brought me back and I looked at him blankly until I processed what he had said, giving a quick nod once I understood.

Our bodies made it to the basement where Ed was standing at a table, “It’s all gone.” Was the only thing Ed said as he turned to face us, “We were too late.”

“What does that mean?” I asked, my voice still aggressive.

“We have to leave.” Ed said, walking past us, “I’ll tell you back at the house. Were you able to find anything upstairs?”

I remained silent, not really sure what to say. We weren’t able to get into the room, however, I feel as if I found something deep within me, something that even scared me. “No. The door woul –” Zayn’s voice grew suddenly silent as his view went up to the second floor. Mine and Ed’s eyes followed his and we both let out a small gasp as we saw the door open, revealing what was inside. Zayn fell to his knees, his face absolutely terrified. Ed and I made it back upstairs to see if it was really what we thought it was.

“How is he here?” I asked, biting the inside of my lip. I looked to Ed for answers, but he just looked at the body before us, “Zayn said he was killed in the laboratory.” Ed walked up to Dr. Tomlinson’s dead body as it hung from the tattered rope that fell from the ceiling.

“It isn’t real.” Ed whispered. “There’s something that’s trying to mess with out minds.”

“Like what?”

“A demonic aura. It isn’t safe here. Get Zayn and let’s go.” Ed was stern. He left the room with me following him in confusion. I turned back to look at Louis’ body once more and froze. His body was smiling as if it were trying to hide laughter. None of this made sense to me.

Back at the house, Zayn was quiet and Ed was pacing in the living room, “Harry must already be on his way to France. The war between continents is going to happen.”

“War?” Zayn finally spoke.

“What war?” I stood, walking closer to Ed, “You never mentioned anything about a war.”

“That’s because I was going to show you Dr. Tomlinson’s documents. He was planning on going to war with North America, in hopes to expand his hybrid creations and pretty much take over the world. Both of you were being used to do his dirty work. He just was finished off before he could start anything.” Ed sat down, looking hard at both Zayn and me.

“But what now? What do we do now?” Zayn’s questions were irritating Ed, but he tried to remain calm, “Is it just over? Do we give up?”

“Do you want to give up!” Ed shouted, “If not, there’s always something that can be done.” His voice was loud, making Zayn flinch.

“But what do we do?” I asked, copying Zayn’s previous words.

Ed sighed, “We warn them. You warn them.”

“What?”

“You and Zayn. The two of you have to go to North America.”

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Thoughts? Thoughts on that weird Niall scene? Thoughts on Louis' body? Thoughts on the war? Thoughts on going to North America? THOUGHTS ON LIFE [haha]. Wow I seriously suck at updating within a good time span, but hopefully you still like this story because I do. I have BIG PLANS AND BIG TWISTS for this so hopefully you'll stick around for that :)

Thanks [oh and if you like Narry stories I've started a new one called DIRT I've been told it's different so maybe take a look at it for me]. Bye now!

FAN
VOTE
COMMENT