Chapter Three:

Chapter Three

Selene glared at him. “That’s the point, Andrew,” she said composing herself. “That’s exactly what it was, history. There is nothing left between us.”

With that being said she turned on her heel and proceeded to move down to the next person. “What can I get you sir?” she asked and sighed as she came into eye contact with Adrian.

She looked at him with one eyebrow arched. She was starting to get highly annoyed. She didn’t feel like dealing with either one of them right now. “Well what will it be?” she snapped smacking the counter. “Either you want something or you don’t.”

He arched an eyebrow. “Well you already know what I want—“

She cut him off, looking at Aeneas and a man who was her closely. She looked between the three of them and noticed the resemblance between them all. So he had decided to bring another brother along. She sighed.

“What can I get you?” she snapped at Aeneas.

The man next to him chuckled. “She’s definitely feisty, Adrian. She’ll make another—“

She narrowed her eyes at them all and shook her head. “I take it that means none of you want anything,” she said and turned to head further down, but Adrian grabbed her wrist.

She looked down at her wrist and then at him and without hesitation used her other arm to smack him. “I told you not to touch me,” she snapped pulling her wrist free.

“I’ll have a glass of Chardonnay,” the stranger said quickly.

She inhaled deeply. The three of them were trying her patience. She wasn’t in the mood. With Andrew on one end of the bar and them on the other, she was ready to call it a night. She could feel a slight headache coming on. It was going to be a long night. Grabbing a glass and the Chardonnay bottle, she poured it quickly and slid the glass to him walking away. As she passed Andrew she heard him snickering as he watched her. She didn’t know why he was there. She had told him that everything was over a long time ago. She was never going to be used as a pawn by him again.

She wasn’t getting involved with him or the illegal drug ring that him and his father had going on. She’d rather live in the ghetto than go back to living with him. She didn’t miss him, the bruises, and threats to her life or the money. She was happy being the independent woman that she was. She wasn’t going anywhere near him or his illegal activities. They had nearly destroyed her the last time she had been around him. He had had her believing in things that weren’t possible. He had told her stories about her grandmother that he said he’d heard from her father. That had been one of the last straws with her before the end of their relationship. He had claimed that he believed her grandmother had been onto something with her beliefs. He wanted her to tell him about it. She had thought he was mocking her until he started asking her about some necklace that she knew nothing about.

Even if she had known about the ridiculous necklace that he spoke of she never would have admitted it to him. She didn’t want him gathering it and taking ahold of it. She wasn’t parting with anything that had belonged to her beloved grandmother. She had loved her grandmother regardless of the fact that she thought her grandmother was a little off. She had been the only person in this world to gain her complete loyalty. If someone had accused her grandmother of a crime, she would have defended her until her last breath.

“Selene,” she heard Andrew say in a caressing voice. “I’d like you to whip up something special for me. You know how I like it.”

She sighed and slammed a glass on the counter as she grabbed Hennessey, Coke, Chardonnay, Vodka and a few other drinks. Of course she remembered what he liked because it got him pissy drunk. He had wanted the drink often and usually after drinking it he was abusive, forceful and rude. She mixed them together expertly and slid it to him. Only to have him push it back.