Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

            The book lay placidly in her hand and she couldn’t help but stare at the page in surprise. The top of it was titled in Latin and underneath it everything else was written in finely scripted Spanish. Her eyes stayed on the tile for a good five minutes and she couldn’t stop the horror that filled them when she realized the meaning of the title. This section of the book was speaking of unveiling and releasing evil spirits into the body of another and leaving them therefore frozen and hidden in the recesses of the body while the other spirit took over. She quickly slammed the book shut and went to put it back in the box but it fell out of her hands and to the floor, opening again to a different page.

            She groaned loudly and looked down at the book. What the hell kind of nonsense was this? What kind of book moved on its own and opened random pages? What kind of books rattled in the box? She rubbed her eyes as she saw the tip of the page of the book turn. She blinked rapidly. Surely she was dreaming. Yeah that was it. She was tired and the box moving had awakening her out of her sleep and now she was annoyed. She picked the book up and dropped in it the box and walked out of the closet. The rattling started again and she growled, stomping over to the box and kicked it. A sharp thread of pain shot into her foot and she hopped up and down for a moment holding her foot in her hand. She glared at the box. What the hell was in there that was that hard? Maybe it had been the fact that the corner of the box.

            She groaned and looked down at the box knowing that she wouldn’t be getting any sleep unless she figured out what the hell it was that the damn book “wanted.” Sighing she picked up the book and flipped through the pages randomly, her hand unconsciously moving the pages until she reached a page about half-way through the book. Looking down at the page, she sighed and looked at the impeccable drawings of five candles, six amethyst stones in a variety of colors, a herb of some sort, a piece of what looked to be chalk and various other things. In the center of the drawings was a large paragraph written in beautifully scripted Spanish, the letters were bold and stood out. They seemed as if they held a pattern to them and she couldn’t control the sense of urgency that she felt as she looked at the paragraph, which was about a ceremony to protect a house and keep evil spirits out.

Near the bottom of the page was a set of foot notes, written in tiny neat lines. The texture of the words was completely different than that of the paragraph in the middle. These words had been written by someone else, someone who had had the book before she did. She looked down and started reading the handwritten notes with apprehension, translating Spanish to English in her mind.

A new found spiritual being or substantial being with newly found powers is temptation to other malicious spirits. As a newly founded person of power in a world of two sides of good and evil, they’re given the option of choosing which side they wish to be a part of. While the greater good of the kind wish to have all the power that they can on their side, malicious evil beings wish to have more reinforcements to join on their massive mission to achieve the ultimate goal. A malicious spirit can be anyone or anything.

Sometimes weak beings with no sense of self-preservation are possessed by other beings or persuaded into joining forces with evil as a puppet to evil. Sometimes these beings were cajoled into joining forces with the spirits, with the promise of riches, beautiful women and other materialistic possessions. These puppets are protected and kept hidden within the neutrals in this world. Lying unseen and unknown they can be lethal to helping bring a new person of power onto the dark side.

As a newly founded person of magic a being is in serious and continuous danger being brought to the other side. Once a being is lost to the dark side, rarely ever do they turn back. The ending result in a long battle of good versus evil is that retainers from both ends die. The la protección dehechizo is to help keep evil away.