Chapter Sixteen

Please be sure to leave a comment, rather it's positive of negative feedback. I've recently started back writing again. I'm trying to get back into tune with my stories and comments will help to understand rather I'm doing that correctly or not. Please only vote if you like the chapter. I'll try my best to be more persistent with my writing schedule. However, it'd be so much more motivating if I knew that I was at least going to see entertaining comments and such. I wish to connect with my readers through story and life. I wouldn't mind if a few people shot me messages or whatever just speaking in general. If I come across as weird than it's because I'm a bit rusty at all of this, lol. I've been a bit anti-social lately. 

Chapter Sixteen

Selene wasn’t in the mood to go off and meet this so called “master” or whoever the hell he was, but she knew that she needed to learn to control her power as well as find out as much as she could about the magical world. Also, she needed to go and view those books and find out what was going on with them. Before she hadn’t understood what was within them but now she was pretty sure that they held the key to some other things. She could probably learn a lot of valuable information from that book. She looked down at the table where she was seated. Rafael and she had finished eating quite a while ago. They had watched TV for a bit and then his phone had rang and he had somewhere else to go.

She hadn’t minded that, she could understand that things came up when they were least expected. She was curious as to where he was going, but she wasn’t going to ask him that. It was his business. He had asked her to wait here for him and that it shouldn’t take long at all. That had been over one hour and forty-five minutes ago. She was tired of waiting here. She didn’t know what he was doing, but she had quickly lost the good mood that she was in. Her mind had begun to stray to other things, like the paranormal bit that was suddenly and unexpectedly in her life. She didn’t welcome it.

She didn’t want to be involved with any of the things that she had witnessed. Beign forced to come to terms with things like this had made her realized that she was alone in this world. She didn’t have anyone to mentor her. Her grandmother was dead, and she hadn’t really told her anything. Sure, she had been told stories as a child. Stories told to her by her grandmother to comfort her, when her Dad and Mom got into their normal arguments. She could still remember one of them. She could still hear her grandmother’s words as well as the familiar soft and velvety tones that she had spoken in.

Selene curled up in the corner of her bedroom with her knees pulled up to her chest while she hugged them. Fat silvery tear drops streamed down her face as she sobbed. She had just come from downstairs from where her Dad and Mom were arguing. Her Dad had slapped her Mom. She had interfered by launching herself onto his back and screaming. The result was him slapping her across the face and shouting for her to mind her own business. She ran to her room tears streaming down her face. She wished her Granny was there. She wouldn’t have let him hit her. She would’ve stopped them but Daddy had sent her away to live on her own. She rocked back and forth in the corner. She stayed in the corner, crying and praying that he wouldn’t come upstairs and force her to sit with her Mom while he screamed at both of them.

He usually said, “You’re both nothing more than a bunch of lazy bitches. You sit around and do nothing. You fuck around behind my back with your sluts and you’re teaching her to follow in your footsteps! God! How did I ever get myself into this position?”

Selene sniffled, ducking her head into her arms while she cried.

“Selene, darling, don’t cry,” she heard a soft voice speak.

She sniffled looking up for a moment. “Granny?” she whispered, looking around.

She didn’t see her, but she could hear her voice.