Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

Richard Imprell paced the floor outside of His Elegancy’s private rooms. His Elegancy was a man of considerable means and fairness—at times. However, this time Richard knew that he wouldn’t be pleased. The witch was suspicious and wanted to meet the Dark Lord. She was smart and cunning, he’d give her that but other than that she was creating more problems than necessary for him.

His Elegancy was a patient man when he wanted to be; in the case of Selene Perez, he was impatient. He had waited centuries to find a woman who was suitable to him; a woman who could match him in skills, powers and in bed. For some reason that Richard wasn’t quite sure about His Elegancy had set his sights on Selene. Yes, he knew she was a Perez and a big part of the only line of witches to ever remain pure and untainted by evil. Her being naïve about her heritage and powers made her of special interest to the dark world but on another scale, he held doubt that they would be able to bring her over.

The Perez bloodline was strong; furthermore, it had withstood every attack that had ever gone against it. The Powers of In-Between that were good hadn’t made it any better with their obvious favor of the Perez line. They hadn’t just gone and added more power to every line; instead, they added to the Perez line because it was a well feared name in the underworld.

He looked over at the double doors that enclosed His Elegancy in the room. He couldn’t stop the curiosity that coursed through him. Of all the centuries that he had served the Dark Lord, he had never once learned anything about him other than his name, which was a well-kept secret. His Elegancy was a very secretive man that seemed to have a façade of different masks, different sides to him. He was like one of those prisms that when turned at angles revealed different colors, each unique in their own sense. Some more beautiful than others, while others were more dark and contrast; in the stead of the Dark Lord, some sides were light and even, while others were darkly coiling and waiting to strike like the tendrils of Medusa’s snake-like hair.

He had never gotten over his fear of the Dark Lord. He doubted he ever would. The Dark Lord was a man to be respected and held dearly. To even think of crossing him was to pledge to lose one privilege: your life. Now, most people might assume that living in the underworld meant that one was already dead or well on their way to it, but that wasn’t the case. In the underworld there was a hierarchy. The hierarchy held a chain that wasn’t too much different from a royal system. The difference being that they were ranked by levels of evil. To be a lord in the underworld was to have committed deep levels of evil, which more often than not came in forms of crimes. Various demons and demon wizards worked on the goals of changing good beings into evil beings. Many different things were done. In one instance, a demon spent his time in bars inducing mortals into drinking alcohol and starting brawls as well as taking women home with them.

As everyone knew, fornication was against the wills of Christianity and some other religions. Adultery fit that script too. Of course, these demons wouldn’t be placed anywhere near the highness that he was. They were just simple but convenient demons. He on the other hand worked on the goal of bringing heavenly beings and such to his Master and turning them. He had brought over quite a few angels in his days. Female angels mainly, but the score had been when he had managed to get a few of the male angels who had come searching for the females. If angels came into his territory and they couldn’t be configured into evil then he killed them. He rid the other side of their defenses constantly. His Dark Lord was proud of him for that. 

He looked up taken from his thoughts, when his Master opened the door and looked at him with an arched eyebrow. He studied him for a moment. His Master had donned a black muscle shirt, black jeans that were loose but at the same time tight. His shoes were a pair of black combat boots. His blonde hair fell to the top of his shoulder in slight waves. Eyes as blue as the bluest diamond of all time—the heart of the ocean—stared back at him. His Master was a man of considerable beauty and simpering mortal females fell at his feet when he made his rare trips to Earth. He fit in with the rock crowd when he wanted and he knew how to blend into the business world. He didn’t do that often though. His Master instead dealt with drug deals and such.