Chapter Eight

For reference and those who don’t remember Zorro and Rafael is the same person. Rafael is Zorro’s Christian or birth name while Zorro is his street name. He keeps the two separated to keep at least one proportion of his life private and out of the street.

Chapter Eight

Selene wasn’t sure what she was going to do about Adrian. She didn’t want to complicate her life more and she could tell just by looking at him that he would want more from her over time and she’d probably be foolish enough to give into him. Then again she had thought it would be foolish to be friends with Zorro but it hadn’t been so. Instead he had made her feel better than any man in her life ever had. He had stood by her and patiently waited. He didn’t demand anything of her. He teased her, flirted with her, kissed her and made her over all feel things for him that she was quite sure she wasn’t ready for yet. She hadn’t been in a relationship in five years and she hadn’t been sexually active even longer. Zorro tempted her but Adrian just overwhelmed her body with sexual tension. She couldn’t escape the arousal that went through her body when he was around her. She couldn’t explain it either but it was there and it made her very aware of herself as a female.

She was realizing that she would never be able to be just friends with a man like him and he wouldn’t be able to handle being friends with her. The sexual tension between them was extreme.  It may have seemed judgmental and fleeting of her but she was well aware of the pros and cons of being friends with him. They would more than likely end up being friends with benefits.

“I don’t think us—“

He took a deep breath and looked at her with a slight look of pain on his face. “Selene,” he breathed. “Cara mia, I need you to at least give me a chance. Find out what kind of man I am and then if you don’t like me then you can push me away. I promise I’m not a bad person.”

He moved as close as he could to her and then lifted her chin and looked at her with a look of intense longing. “Look, cara mia, I know you may not believe me when I say this but I would never do anything to intentionally hurt you and I’d like to prove that to you.”

She looked down conflicted and came to a decision. They wouldn’t be friends but it didn’t mean they couldn’t be associates. She’d make sure he understood that. They could be associates and see where it went from there. She knew she’d probably regret it later on but she felt compelled to at least give him this small chance at seeing a slightly different side of her. He was the polar opposite of Rafael/Zorro and she knew it. Zorro would never rile up her senses the way that he could. One glance from her sent her body into chaos. He was already affecting just by being how close he was. She couldn’t deny the tingles that went down her spine with the smoldering intense look in his eyes. He was looking at her with a hint of vulnerability and intense sexuality.

“Fine but we’re not friends. We’re associates. Nothing more, nothing less,” she said.

A grin broke out on his face and he pulled her into an unexpected hug. His arms wrapped around her waist tightly and she was crushed against his hard hot frame. A flare of desire went down her spine as she was engulfed in the scent of him. She could feel the spiraling heat moving from her upper body down to her inner core. She bit back a moan at the feel of his hard muscles against her frame. She closed her eyes in pleasure.

Cara mia,” he breathed into her hair, moving her closer.

She looked up opening her eyes and she was bombarded by the emotions that she saw in his eyes in that. Relief, lust, adoration and various other emotions that she couldn’t identify shone through his eyes as he stared down at her. For a second she was frozen in place as he looked down at her. His head started to slow lower towards hers and she watched captivated as he slowly licked lips and moved his head closer and closer to hers. In that moment she didn’t sense anything other than the affect that he was having her senses and the look in his eyes. She was almost hypnotized by the slow movements he made. She waited anticipating the feel of his mouth against hers.