Chapter Nine

Tell me what you think. Was this too soon? Did you like it? 

Chapter Nine

            Selene watched as Andrew approached her with a look of determination and lust. She wasn’t scared of him. She hadn’t taken her self-defense classes for nothing and she had her usual array of weapons. Mace, a pocket knife and a razor blade matched with her fighting skills would be more than enough to keep him at bay. She would never allow him to make her feel as vulnerable as she had before. Never again would he hurt her. This time the tables would be flipped. She didn’t know what he wanted and she really didn’t care but she would be more than willing to kick his ass if he didn’t stop look at her the way that he was. She wasn’t naïve anymore and she wasn’t easily scared by him.

            “You already know the answer to that,” she snapped. “I don’t want you, Andrew! And you most certainly can’t have me.”

            He smiled grimly and came to a stop as she held up the small bottle of mace with her finger directly on the top of the lid. One push and it would go directly into his eyes blind him momentarily and leave her open to either kicking his ass or getting the hell out of there. She would prefer the latter if it came down to it. She wasn’t stupid a pissed off man was an irrational man and there was no reasoning with an irrational man. Andrew had too much pride to let her get away with kicking his ass and vanishing. He would take it way beyond that. He would pull some strings and call some contacts. Once he did that he’d have her new address and an abundance of other information about her. No doubt he would beginning sneak attacks on her when she least expected it, if she kicked his ass.

            Andrew had always been man of extreme pride. Even the slightest hit to his pride was repaid in the full. His punishments had never been merciful. They had always been painful whenever he thought she slighted or hurt his pride. She had done so many times according to him. Every time she spoke her mind she did.

            “Now, now Selene you wouldn’t really consider using that on me would you? Relax I just want to talk to you,” he said.

            She shook her head. “Well I don’t want to talk to but I’m here due to the circumstances. So the sooner you say what you have to say the sooner we can both be on our way.”

            “Well in that case I wanted to take this opportunity to tell you that my father requests your presence at dinner tomorrow night and I would also like to add in my own request for you to come as my date.”

She looked him up and down with disbelief. He really was stupid if he thought that because his Dad had recently became the mayor that it would force her to make an attendance at one of their stupid dinners. No doubt he would just try and tell her what she could and couldn’t wear. What colors to wear and an abundance of other bullshit. She didn’t have time for this shit. she didn’t give a damn what dinner they wanted her at or what they wanted from her. she wasn’t being a part of it. Andrew and his piece of shit father could kiss her ass.

“Absolutely not,” she snapped. “I will never go to a dinner party with you or go anywhere with you ever again.”

“Look Selene I know I hurt you before but you have to understand I love you. I love you more than you’ll ever know. I miss you, angel.”

She looked him up and down with contempt before openly scoffing at him and his lame ass proclamation of love. He didn’t love her. Hell he didn’t know her or anything about her. He was lying through his teeth. Andrew had never loved her. He had just loved being the envy of every man within distance of seeing them. Politician’s wives had been jealous of her. Politicians had approached her and secretly tried to have her affairs. She wasn’t the kind of woman who would let a sixty year old man touch her just because he had money in his bank account. She had found it quite disgusting then and she’d be damned if she go anywhere near a politician’s party again. The last time she had gone she had been seated between Andrew and Senator Robert Angelico. Andrew had had one hand on her thigh squeezing and the senator had been trying to slide his fat fingers into the slit of her dress discreetly. Her reaction had been to “accidently” spilled her glass of wine down the front of his all white suit.