Chapter Four

Chapter Four

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Here’s Chapter Four rewritten. Some things are still the same, however the scene with his family is completely different. I’ve rewritten it and nothing is the same. So be sure to read it over. I feel a lot more secure with the rewritten version. Sorry guys but I felt like the last one wasn’t really realistic enough for me. Thanks.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The next morning she awoke to the sound of loud knocks on her door, she groaned and sat up looking at the ripped shirt she wore from the night before and the shorts. She sighed and pulled the shirt over her head and took the shorts off going to the outfit that she had laid out the night before. She slid the dress on over her head and walked to the door. Looking through the peephole she sighed as she saw the moving people in their uniform. Opening the door, she looked at the men with narrowed eyes not trusting either one. She moved back letting them through the open door. She saw one of the men eyeing her closely.

She looked down and saw that she hadn’t completely pulled the dress down and her see through underwear were visible. She huffed and pulled it down completely letting it fall mid-thigh. She turned and walked to her room.

“You’ll find almost everything in my room. However, there are a few things out here.”

She walked back toward the room and heard the front door close. Instantly she was suspicious. She went over to her coat from the night before and in an instant had her knife in the palm of her hand. She wasn’t going down without a fight. One of the men walked into the room and grabbed a box carrying it out, she watched him closely. The other one who had eyed her came and looked over at her with a flirtatious smile. She glared at him in return. He picked up one of her grandmother’s boxes and she felt something within her stir.

“Please be really careful with those three boxes,” she said.

He nodded. “No worries, sweetie,” he said. “I’ll be extremely careful.”

She smiled. “Thank you,” she said and walked over to the bed pulling the sheets off.

She had already decided to trash them. They were old and she had a brand new set packed away. She went into the kitchen and over to the only garbage bag in the house and threw it away. As she stood there she looked out the window and decided to go stand next to the moving truck. It was looking a bit too suspicious outside. She walked out the door and down the stairs. When she stood in by the loading area, she saw one of the men who usually spoke to her watching her. She looked away. Looking at men sometimes gave them the idea that a girl was interested when in actuality she wasn’t. She had been through that experience before.

“You’re moving, mami?” she heard.

She looked up at and saw the man who had been staring at her, standing next to her. He wasn’t a bad looking man. He was actually very nice looking. However, there was something about him she noticed that was different today than it had been yesterday. It seemed more realistic to her now. It wasn’t necessarily that she could just point at him and scream he’s a drug dealer. She wasn’t even sure how she knew but something within her gut told her that she was dealing with the most feared man in the neighborhood and the most feared man in the neighborhood was the lead drug dealer. It wasn’t really explainable to her. She just had a more acute sense of awareness to her surroundings and the people in them.

It was almost as if something within her had turned on a light switch to a tunnel in which she could see into smaller details about this man and his life. Some of the more private aspects of his life were available to her and she didn’t know why. She could sense the violence that surrounded him and in a way see a slight red that surrounded him. She was surely hallucinating. There was no way in hell that she could possibly know that suddenly. She pushed her inner thoughts back ignoring them. It was possible that he was just a normal man and her imagination was going into overdrive. She shook her head slightly and blinked deciding to ignore the queerness of her thoughts and instincts.