Chapter 23 - Charlotte

“Love comforteth like sunshine after rain.”

-William Shakespeare

- - - - - - - - -

Charlotte's POV

It’s quite lonely in the hospital room. Everyone I know and care about is at school. Even Ashton. Ashton. Why would he do that? He told me that he wasn’t gay, why would he lie? Has he always been seeing Mr. Heywood?

“Hey, sweetie. Are you feeling better?” My mom says, walking into the room with a plate of food in her hands. Suddenly, I remember that I actually got hurt physically, and not just emotionally.

“I’m fine, Mom,” I say. She sets the plate of food on the table next to the bed and sits in a chair. “When do I get to leave?”

“Tomorrow morning. You aren’t going to school,”

“Obviously,” I roll my eyes. I ask her for pain medication for my ankle. Now paying attention to it, it hurts like shit. I need to get my mind off of Ashton. He isn’t the only thing in my life. I look at the clock. Those losers are in Math right now. Ha. I shouldn't be the one talking since I'm in the hospital but I guess it's better than being stuck in school.

Just like before, I grab my iPod and shuffle the music. Move by Little Mix comes on and I smile. I start dancing in my hospital bed but immediately stop when my mom walks in the room.

"You have a visitor," She says, handing me two large pills and a glass of water.

"Who is it?" I ask before downing the pills. Hopefully they'll help with my ankle. It hurts so bad. I want to scratch it but it's in a cast right now. Something inside of me is telling me I won't be able to scratch it anytime soon.

"Poppy. She brought cookie dough,"

If anyone knows me, they know I love cookie dough. I tell my mom to send her in and I try to fix my hair. It's knotted badly from sleeping all day and I'll be needing professional help with it later on. Maybe Poppy's mom could do something about it.

"How're you feeling, girly?" She asks in a half peppy, half sympathetic voice.

"Pretty good for being stuck in a hospital. Have you talked to Ashton?"

I know I'm supposed to be forgetting about him for a while, but I just had to ask. I want to know if he's feeling the same way I am about this fight.

She nods, "He really misses you. He cried and said something I think you'd want to hear from him,"

"I will later; I need to figure out what I'm going to say before I make a complete idiot out of myself."