Chapter 9 - Charlotte

“The purpose of our lives is to be happy.”

-Dalai Lama

----------

 Charlotte's POV

I don’t know what came over me when I introduced myself as Ashton’s girlfriend. Poppy was probably right about the whole kissing thing and “just get together already”. I mean, it’s not like we didn’t want to be together. Ashton has made it obvious by kissing me. Twice. Once in front of Poppy’s brother, Cody, and Poppy herself.  The only thing that’s a bit weird would be the fact that I’m his girlfriend and I don’t have his phone number nor have we ever gone on a date.

                It’s currently Monday afternoon and I have absolutely nothing to do. I’ve finished all my homework and I’ve also finished my book so I’m stuck.

                “Honey, someone’s on the phone for you!” I hear my mum call from down the hall. I grab the phone from her and put it up to my ear. No one ever calls me on the landline; they call me on my cell phone.

                “Um, who is this?” I ask.

                “Ouch! I thought you’d recognize me!” I hear Ashton, feign hurt through the phone.

                “Ash- wait, how did you get my number?!”

                “I have connections,” I hear him smirking as he said that. I sigh and roll my eyes, “Anyways, come outside now!”

                Okay so first he knows my phone number and now he knows where I live?! Stalker much? I grab my coat and slip on my fake UGGS. I know, I know, I’m wearing those two things a lot. But it’s November and I live in Minnesota so it’s pretty chilly outside. Just as I get outside, I see Ashton waiting for me with a smile on his face. Just seeing him smile makes me smile. Aww! He’s too cute! Well, I am too but… Okay now shut up, Charlotte.

                “How do you know where I live?” I ask him, seeing as I was thinking it earlier, I decided to ask him.

                “I told you I have connections. Now give me your phone.”

                “Why do you want my- ugh nevermind,” I groan, handing him my phone. He takes it happily and does God knows what with it. I hear a beep coming from his pocket and he gives me back my phone.

                “There, now you have my phone number and I have yours, now follow me!” he says, taking my hand in his and skipping down the sidewalk, towing me along as I try to keep up with him.