Chapter 16 - Ashton

Charlottes outfit is put in the external link and the necklace is off to the side. Hope you have a wounderful day. -Lizzy xxx

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

 Ashton's POV

"The love of family and the admiration of friends is much more important than wealth and privilege."

-Charles Kuralt

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

8 hours until Charlotte and I celebrate Christmas with her family and our friends. 8 hours until Charlotte introduces and tells her mother about us. 8 hours until 7.

                To say I was totally calm would be an understatement. All I'm thinking of is worse case scenarios, I mean there is an age difference and we aren't legal. I could be labeled as a pedophile because of the age difference. Charlotte's 17 and I'm 23, the legal age is 18 and she doesn't turn 18 until May so we're kind of screwed if anyone finds out about us. They could throw me in jail for having an "intimate" relationship with not only an underaged girl but also a student. Telling her mother was not helping these thoughts to stop.

                We decided we would be leaving a bit early so we would arrive early and can tell her mum in private, just in case she lashes out on us for being in this kind of relationship. However Charlotte keeps saying that her mum probably won't lash out on us because she's cool and all, but how can you be so sure?

On top of all that stuff, I still had the feeling that the gift I got Charlotte was going to be one she doesn't like. I thought it was simple yet held power towards something somewhat in our "zone", like the whole student and teacher thing. I was worrying about two totally separate things yet they both had me getting extremely nervous and sweaty.

Last night I had taken Charlotte out to the movies as, I guess, our first date. I did tell her that once she graduated from school I would take her out on a real date. One in which we didn't have to hide who we were with, and just could be a normal couple.

She had also slept over last night because we had fallen asleep to watching some crappy television show. Truthfully, I love falling asleep and waking up to me having my hands wrapped around her waist and her snuggling into my chest. She was mine, and I don't want to let her go.

"Good afternoon sleepyhead," If you couldn't tell, she just woke up from her slumber and went into the bathroom to get ready for the day to come. Well, more like wake up for the day to come.

I got off of the couch and headed towards the kitchen to start making lunch but when I get there, my plans changed.