Chapter 20 - Ashton

"The moment you have in your heart this extraordinary thing called love and feel the depth, the delight, the ecstasy of it, you will discover that for you the world is transformed."

-Jiddu Krishnamurti

- - - - - - - - - - -

Ashton's POV

Going back to Friday night, I could remember myself feeling a little jealous towards Charlotte and Oliver. I mean, who wouldn’t feel jealous when your girlfriend basically went out with another guy right in front of you? It kind of stung, but I knew why she had to do it.

Now it being Saturday, I couldn’t wait to see Charlotte. We had arranged plans to go see a movie at a theatre that was close to my apartment complex. We knew that not many people we know would be out here because I live on the outskirt of the town; who would waste the time to come out here when they have more things in the centre of the town?

I was just throwing on my jeans when I heard the front door open and close. Shirtless, I walk to the front of my apartment to see Charlotte taking her coat off and placing her shoes neatly by the door. Neat freak.

I internally chuckle before walking up behind her and wrapping my arms around her, starting to kiss up and down her neck lightly.

“Babe,” Charlotte laughs lightly before turning around in my arms, “I missed you.”

“I missed you too. I kind of wished we could of danced together last night. Olivers arms didn’t feel right around me, only yours feel right.” Charlotte sighed as she rests her head on my shoulder. I rubbed her back before kissing the top of her head,

“I was kind of jealous at the fact that you were dancing with Oliver instead of me. I’m your boyfriend, and he was your “date”, I didn’t like it.”

“I knew you were. I could feel it in your intense stare. It was kind of obvious to me that you were staring at us,” She giggled before kissing my cheek. “I thought it was cute.” A blush rises to my face as I smile.

I notice her gaze has fell to my chest, thats when I remember I didn’t have a shirt on. She started to trace my body with her finger coming across a tattoo.

“Loving someone is one thing, but caring for them is the key.” She mumbled to herself as she traces the two lines of words that are across my lower right hip. “When did you get this? I never noticed it before.”

“I got this on my eighteenth birthday. I usually have it covered up by my trousers, but today my trousers are hanging a little low and I don’t have a shirt on.”

“Oh, I like it.” Charlotte smiles at me before pecking my lips and walking over to my couch, “Go finish getting ready, we have to leave in a little while.”