Chapter 13 - Charlotte

“But friendship is precious, not only in the shade, but in the sunshine of life, and thanks to a benevolent arrangement the greater part of life is sunshine.”

-Thomas Jefferson

 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 Charlotte's POV

                I got to school to see that it looked like Poppy was thinking what I was thinking. We both knew it was a good day, that’s for sure. She was wearing her favourite The Smiths t-shirt that she wears on good days.

                By first glance, Poppy looks a little bit like a punk on most days. She avoids that by wearing something super girly. Today, it was her floral Converse that I absolutely adore! Her style is perfect in my eyes, I’d like to dress just like her but it doesn’t really suit me. I’ll just stick with my girly dresses and skirts.

                I went to all my classes like I would on any other day but today I got a lot of “cute outfits” and “I love your skirt!” from some of my fellow female classmates which only made my day a whole lot better.

Sooner than I expected, it was time for English with Mr. Keiler other known as Ashton. When I’m in school I must call him Mr. Keiler in my head just in case I end up blurting out ‘Ashton’. It would get both of us in loads of trouble by the principle. He’d get fired and I’d get expelled. He’d also get arrested for being a “pedophile” and no other school would hire him…

                Yeah I’m not calling him Ashton in school.

                I’m getting books and other shit you need for school out of my locker when Poppy comes and shuts my locker.

               “What did you do that for?!”

               “We’re skipping class,” she says smiling to herself. Oh no, her badass look is starting to affect her mind.

               “Why would we be skipping class, this is Mr. Keiler we’re talking about.”

               “Is that what you call him in bed?” I blush and slap her shoulder playfully, “But we’re skipping class because it creates mystery!”

               “Why would we want to create mystery?”

               “You ask a lot of questions,”