Chapter 18 - Ashton

"Immature love says: 'I love you because I need you.' Mature love says 'I need you because I love you.'”

-Erich Fromm

- - - - - - - - - - -

Some say winter is magical and the happiest time of your life; it's where miracles happen. On November 22nd, I asked Charlotte to be my girlfriend and when she accepted it, I was overjoyed. Ever since then, I've been happier than I ever thought I could be. I found someone who makes me happy and will stick with me through anything and I'll do the same.

Ever since Charlotte has come into my life, I've realised, as everyone around me has, that I'm a lot happier than I used to be. I'm a lot more content because all I used to do it go out and sleep with girls do get my horny bastard of a self to calm down. However, now I don't feel like that's necessary because I did grow up, but also because I found someone who makes my life whole and not some random hook-up.

During these last two months, I've noticed that it doesn't matter whether or not I get to be with Charlotte in public or not because, as long as we love each other, we know that we can get through until the end of the year, together.

Today was finally the last day of the year, otherwise known as New Year’s Eve. Today, I was introducing Charlotte to my whole family. Some weren't able to make it for Christmas so we pushed our family gathering to New Years; my whole family is going to get a lot of surprises.

I was currently throwing on a pair of black skinny jeans and a white dress shirt. I don't know why, but most of my wardrobe consists of black and white, I even have white skinny jeans. However, they do look pretty good on me; I'm such a hottie.

Truthfully, I was getting kind of nervous about introducing Charlotte to the rest of my family because they may be smart enough to figure out the age difference. I mean, a lot of my relatives have children around Charlotte’s age so they may just be clever enough to figure out that she's younger than me by six years to be exact.

However, I do not regret wanting to introduce her to my family. She's everything to me and what I speak is true.

My phone starts to vibrate, indicating I have a text from Charlotte. I retrieve my phone out of my pocket and read:

From Charlotte:

When are you going to pick me up? I'm getting extremely nervous xxx

To Charlotte:

5:29 and babe, you don't have to be nervous. Everyone’s going to love you, I know I do <3