Chapter Sixteen

Lyndsey's POV:

The moment my lips touched hers... it was like a cannon went off in my chest. My fingers were entangling in her hair, and tugging on it gently as I pushed her against the door to her room. It was as if all of my pent up feelings had made themselves known. And before I knew it, she was kissing me back. Her lips were moving along with mine and her body felt like heaven as it was pressed up against my own. The energy between us was beginning to overwhelm my senses. I had to pull away for fear that I may get carried away. As I pulled away, the look on her face sent me over the edge. Her eyes were closed, her cheeks were lightly blushed a rosy red color, and her hair was in disarray. But, then, everything dawned on me at once. I just kissed Valerie... Oh, those lips, though... As her eyes fluttered open, panic raced through my heart.

"Lyndsey..." She whispered, her eyes glassy as she looked up to me. But, my anxiety got the best of me. And before I knew it, I was shoving her away as I opened her hotel room door, and ran.

-----

I groaned as the sun shone through the windows in my spacious suite. I laid my arms over my eyes as I leaned back into the pillow. I sighed as the feeling of Valerie's lips upon mine were haunting me. My fingers danced on my lips slowly as the feeling was still so fresh to me. "What the fuck..." I whispered, my aggravation getting the best of me. I slammed my hand back onto the mattress. "What the hell am I going to do?" I sat up as I whispered to myself, grabbing my phone. I had a missed call from Emalie. I bit my lip, guilt rising in my chest as I noticed a voice mail notification. I sighed as I reluctantly checked it.

"Hey! Hope you had a good show last night! Tell Valerie I said Oswald is great! He loves to snuggle!" She laughed, making me frown with guilt again. "Anywho, I just wanted to say that I miss you and can't wait to see you in a few days! By the way, I think we should talk... All good, though! Bye!" I sighed as I shut my phone off and threw it on the bed. I didn't want to deal with everything. What did I do? Would she even remember any of it? What if she did remember and hated me for it? If she didn't remember... what the hell do I do?!

"God!" I yelled out, digging my hands through my hair in annoyance. I just wanted to pull my hair out at his point. My emotions were spiraling out of control. As I was throwing my pity party, I looked up towards my door with irritation as I heard someone knock. I grumbled to myself as I climbed out of bed and threw on some lounge pants and a black tank top that I had lying around. Whoever it was, though, wouldn't stop knocking. "Jesus, okay!" I yelled. I stumbled to the door as I unlocked it and yanked it open. "What in the... Oh.." The moment my eyes fell on a very distraught looking Valerie, my mood changed. She stood there with her hair wet from a recent shower. She was wearing a pair of yoga pants with an oversized hoodie. She had no makeup on but, she looked so beautiful. I clenched my jaw tightly as she kept her eyes away from me. "Valerie?" I breathed out, my voice catching in my throat as her chocolate eyes looked up to me.

"Can I come in?" Her voice sounded weak; like she didn't sleep. Her eyes had bags under them, an obvious sign that she barely slept.

"Yeah," I answered as I stepped aside, allowing her to walk past me. I closed my eyes as she walked by as the smell of her perfume hit me. 'Oh, jeez...' As I closed the door, I turned around to see that she was sitting on the edge of one of the bed. I felt odd as I stood there in silence just staring at her.

"Do you remember anything from last night?" She whispered, not looking at me. I bit my lip as I looked down at her. She seemed freaked out... but, maybe she didn't remember everything that happened?