Chapter Seventeen

Author Note:

Hey guys, it would really mean the world to me if you please vote and or comment.

Thank you! I hope you enjoy!

-Amy

Lyndsey's POV:

The rest of the plane ride home I tried my hardest not to look in their direction. Every time that I did, my emotions would spiral out of control. It was as if they were balancing dangerously on a tight rope. I bounced my leg up and down; eager to be away from the smiling and laughing duo. I looked out the window, the ground below us seemed just that much closer. 'Hopefully, we were landing soon...' I thought to myself, sighing in annoyance. I bit my lip, my eyes glancing toward my phone as the screen lit up. At first glance, I thought it was from Emalie... but then a brow raised as I noticed the name had said, Valerie. I looked up towards her, surprised to see her looking at me. I sighed once more, sliding my finger on the unlock.

Valerie: You seem upset. You haven't left your seat the entire plane ride.

I clicked my tongue as I read this. Was she just now noticing that? 'God... I sound like a jealous and pathetic teenage boy...' I rubbed my temple for a moment at my odd behavior.

Me: I guess I'm just tired today. I want to be home already.

I placed my phone down upon my leg, but before my hand was removed, she texted me again. I rose my brow at how fast she responded.

Valerie: Understandable...What are you doing when we get back? We're apparently supposed to be at the airport in about thirty minutes.

Me: Well, I'm meeting up with my old friend, Kyle. She's been really busy with movies and such so we haven't seen one another for months. So, we're gonna have a few drinks or whatever.

I'm not sure what compelled me to share this with her... but, as I looked up I noticed that she was still looking over to me. Ana was talking up a storm, yet she was looking at me. I gritted my teeth, sick and tired of these odd feelings that were firing in my veins.

Valerie: Oh cool. I hope you have a fun time :)

Me: Thanks, lol. What about you?

Valerie: I'm not sure. Autumn had mentioned hanging out, but then Ana asked me out to have some dinner. I'm not really in the mood to hang out, but I feel rude saying no? I just don't know who to hang with lol.

My foot tapped rapidly as my eyes ran over her words. I didn't like the fact that I was getting jealous. This wasn't like me. I wasn't that person at all...

Me: You've been spending a lot of time with Ana...

I froze, looking down at the message I was writing. 'Jesus fucking Christ... I cannot send this! My god... what is wrong with me?' So, I deleted it.

Me: Well, whatever you decide on doing, I hope you have an amazing time. ;)

And with that, I turned my phone off and placed it away in my backpack. I looked out the window, wishing that the terminal would hurry up and get here. I felt like the week was going by painfully slow... the day was staring at me in the face, but also seemed so far away at the same time. I gritted my teeth as I thought about that night... it was a horrible memory, that I preferred not to think about. Sometimes, my brain would completely push it out. But then... as the day would come up out of nowhere... I found myself being overwhelmed with the memories. The situation with Valerie was driving my emotions even more out of funk too. I wasn't sure what I was feeling anymore.