Chapter Nineteen

Author Note:

Hey, please VOTE and COMMENT!!! it helps me out a lot guys :). Enjoy

-Amy

Valerie's POV:

"This is amazing!" I yelled in excitement. Ana laughed at my child like demeanor, but, I didn't care. We had just finished eating when she mentioned the fact that she had just got a brand new virtual reality system. I couldn't not try it out! I could feel Ana's hand upon my arm as I killed the last of the aliens.

"I'm glad you like it, but do you want to see something amazing?" Her voice was close as she pulled the ear piece away from my head. I nodded my response, handing her the controllers. "This is my favorite. It's not very long... but trust me, it's completely mind blowing." She whispered, sending a chill down my spine. The screen around me goes black, but then the scene developed before my eyes. I was standing next to a lazy running river; the sun low in the twilight sky. Then, as the setting sun vanished behind the hillside, over a million fireflies slowly lit the night.

"Wow..." I breathed out, looking around as they flew around me. I smiled, watching them flicker on and off every now and then. It lasted only for a few minutes, but it felt as if I was there. Ana pulled the headset off my head, offering me a small smile. "That was beautiful..." I whispered.

"I knew you were going to love it. It actually, reminds of back home." She spoke with a hint of sadness, "Whenever the sun set, all the fireflies would come out. I remember catching a couple of them."

"Do you ever get homesick?" I blurted out, causing her to look at me. She let out a short breath while she turned off the T.V, bending down to turn off the system.

"Always...but, I love living here a lot. Sometimes, I'm conflicted though. I get to go back every few months though, so..." She shrugs her shoulders.

"I know what you mean...I'm actually from Canada... I miss it sometimes." I threw out, standing awkwardly. I watched as Ana stood up and started to let her towel fall down her body, somewhat revealing her tattoo. I felt my mouth go dry as the muscles in her back flexed with the movement.

"You're from Canada?" She asked, pulling the towel back up to fix it. I blinked in confusion for a second before nodding. "I didn't know that. That's awesome! When did you move here?" She asked as she moved closer to me

"Uh..." My brain was turning into mush. I couldn't help but stare at her chest, barely covered by the black bikini top. Ana laughed as she snapped her fingers to gain my attention. I blinked, my cheeks turning a bright pink as I covered them with my hands.

"You can look, if you want to..." She whispered with a mischievous tone in her voice. She was so close to me now, her towel falling to the floor in a heap. My eyes betrayed my inner commands and followed down the curves of the barely covered beauty before me. But, as Ana was about to move closer, my phone went off. I blinked, trying to control my emotions as I watched her grab my phone, her brows furrowing as she read the name that appeared on it. "Emalie?"

"Why is she calling me?" I asked rhetorically, my mind still foggy. Ana handed me the phone as she bent down to grab her towel. I frowned as I watched her wrap it around her body and walk away into her bedroom. "Hey, Emalie. What's up?"

"Hey, sorry to bother you but, I was just wondering if you've heard from Lyndsey?" Her voice sounded worried. I pulled my phone away from my ear, noticing that it was almost midnight.

"Uh, no... I'm sorry. I haven't seen or talked to her since the airport." I said truthfully, feeling awkward to even be speaking to her. I could hear dishes clanging around as well as sizzling in the background on her end; an obvious sign that she was at work. Emalie let out an exasperated sigh.